Chevy/GMC Trucks \  82 C-10 help....

82 C-10 help....

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 879
replies 6
following 3

Diesel1382   +1y
Edited: 8/6/2012 8:04:42 AM by Diesel1382

I have an 82 c-10 that has been sitting for quite a while now.Blew the trans about 2 years ago and got my bug so its been outta sight outta mind.The problem with it is, its a 4x4 and im not really into that.

My question is....Has anyone converted their c-10 from 4x4 to 2wd?Can i just get drop spindels, upper/lower control arms, new hubs and be done?
cable   +1y
Your prob. straight axle'd in the front,you would be best off to trade for a 2wd,or find a 2wd rolling chassis and swap drivetrain,cab and bed.that's a nice truck,surely somebody would trade you a nice 2wd,try craigslist.
bdydrppup   +1y
You could probably get a crosmember and related parts along with a steering box and be good to go. If you wanted to do a porterbuilt setup that would work great
Diesel1382   +1y
--------------------------------------------

jcable said:

Your prob. straight axle'd in the front,you would be best off to trade for a 2wd,or find a 2wd rolling chassis and swap drivetrain,cab and bed.that's a nice truck,surely somebody would trade you a nice 2wd,try craigslist.

Took your advice... Well kinda.

Decided to keep the 82.

Trading my bagged 74 Bug for a stock 83 c-10 SWB with a 400 small block with a 700r4.

post photo
post photo
Diesel1382   +1y

jcable said:

Took your advice... Well kinda.

Decided to keep the 82.

Trading my bagged 74 Bug for a stock 83 c-10 SWB with a 400 small block with a 700r4.

Page 1 of 1