Page 1 of 1
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  CAPRICE REAR END IN OBS CHEV

CAPRICE REAR END IN OBS CHEV

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 922
replies 3
following 4

SHOWTIME   +1y
I have some questions on a rear end for my 1991 Chev C1500 2wd. I want to add rear disk brakes to this truck and seeing as GM never had options for rear disk brakes on these trucks I either have to go to somebody like SSBC or WILLWOOD both are great companies but the costs are a little steep up here in Canada. I know some of the Caprice cars with Police option NC91 I think it was came with rear disk brakes and the Impala SS also did. I have heard these rear ends will work as they have the 5 on 5 bolt pattern I need but are 1.50" narrower. Has anybody ever done a swap like this in these trucks? Any major things to look out for when doing it? My truck is air ride with the KP Components 6 link set up and the Watts link also. Thank you for any help.
area56   +1y
I put a caprice rear end in my '97 yukon GT which I changed the truck from 4WD to 2WD. I bought the rear end with it complete with trailing arms and the frame pockets to which it is joined together.I cut the complete spring perches off and measured the wheel base then made my own trailing arm pockets
area56   +1y
Edited: 7/18/2012 1:32:29 AM by area56

Cant get pics to come up
area56   +1y
Edited: 7/18/2012 1:33:32 AM by area56

Page 1 of 1