threads
Page 1 of 1
Air Ride Suspensions \  S10 front clip on a Ford Ranger?

S10 front clip on a Ford Ranger?

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 1129
replies 8
following 5

markmnotdead   +1y
I have a bodied Ford Ranger I'm in the process of putting back together, I finally got my cab centered and bolted down. I put my fenders on and I am having trouble with my wheels rubbing the inside of the fenders when I air up and air out. I have a set of 15'' wheels with a 205/65/15 tire, they rub and my 20'' wheels rub too and they have 245/30/20 tires mounted on them. I have adjusted my upper control arms all the way in so I can get as much negative camber as possible so my wheels/tires don't rub. However this didn't work at all. I talked to a friend of mine who has a bodied ranger on 22'' and he has an S10 front clip and he drives his truck super low and has no problems with his rims/tires rubbing the inside of the fenders. I was considering making this swap to eliminate the problem that I'm having currently. I'm posting this to get any thoughts that anyone might have on this idea or has and helpful hints I may need if I decide to make the swap. Has anyone else done this and has had it work out well?
getlaid   +1y
buy thr right offset wheel and /or cut your fenders bro..besides use a toyota front clip..you dont want nasty negative camber anyways..sure it looks cool(in 99) but it serves no functional purpose...with a yota front clip you will also be able to run the same rim combo as they are the same five lug pattern
markmnotdead   +1y
--------------------------------------------

getlaid said:

buy thr right offset wheel and /or cut your fenders bro..besides use a toyota front clip..you dont want nasty negative camber anyways..sure it looks cool(in 99) but it serves no functional purpose...with a yota front clip you will also be able to run the same rim combo as they are the same five lug pattern

I have cut the lip on my fenders haha. I still dig camber, I think it looks good but if I lose it, its whatever. The offset on the 20" wheels is a +12 and the 15" smoothies have an offset of 0. Any idea what offset I would need to fix this issue?
FireCrotch   +1y
you need like a 35 or 40mm
getlaid   +1y
dp a yota front clip youd be much gappier in the end result..then narrow your track width..full turn lock to lock laid out..never raise that bitch up
markmnotdead   +1y

FireCrotch said:

you need like a 35 or 40mm

I would like to run centerline billets and I called to get a price on a set I like and the biggest offset they could do for me is a 32. Would this help me problem? Sorry I don't know anything about offsets and all that
markmnotdead   +1y

getlaid said:

dp a yota front clip youd be much gappier in the end result..then narrow your track width..full turn lock to lock laid out..never raise that bitch up

Haha now that I figured out its an offset problem I don't want to change front clips, already bodied on my ranger clip but it's raised 1" off the ground and I lay rockers hard. Now about narrowing my track so I can turn while laid out, out of curiosity, how would I do this?
SunsetRanger   +1y
The yota clip is narrower than a Ranger.
markmnotdead   +1y

SunsetRanger said:

The yota clip is narrower than a Ranger.

Frame is already built, I kinda don't want to cut it up again with the truck thats 75% put back together. I'm going to get different wheels instead.
Page 1 of 1