Page 1 of 1
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  bagged 00 step side from Mississippi

bagged 00 step side from Mississippi

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 463
replies 7
following 4

Wannabee   +1y
Hello all you SS junkies. My name is Rusty. Ive been in to customizing vehicles pretty much since I could see over the wheel. Ive had a few trucks in my past but mostly cars. Ive wanted to build a bagged truck for years but just haven't had the funds, but finally I have a great job, and a lot of free time. I originally wanted to build an old school toyota, something pre 83. But I just couldn't find the right truck to start out with. I drove from 500 to 700 miles one way to look at trucks that just turned out to be scrap metal. So I changed my mind and started looking at full size chevys. I had intended on buying a stock truck and doing all the work myself, but while looking on craigslist I found my 00 step side that had already been bagged. It was a steal of a price, and only an hour drive away. I drove down the next weekend and paid the man.

As of right now the truck drives great. It doesn't lay all the way down in the front but Im fixing to buy some drop spindles and that should help. If I need to go lower I will see about working on the bag cups. They just sit on top of the control arm at the moment.The back lays frame on 22" wheels, but unfortunately it also lays gas tank... Ive had a few friends tell me that this is an easy fix though. The front fender wells will have to be cut once I install the spindles, and Ive never done that before, so maybe someone on here can give me a little advise on the right way to do it.

The interior was the worst part of the truck other than some minor wiring issues. It is fully painted with flex stone paint, which looks fine, but some of it needs to be re done due to aging I guess. But the truck came with another full interior that I plan to swap in.

Like I said above, This is my first bagged truck and I'm no expert. I know Im going to have hundreds of questions about it, and Ive already been reading on the forum quite a bit before I joined. Also, I know my truck will likely never see the cover of a magazine or be featured at SEMA, but thats quite fine with me. Im not in it for that. Im just here to have some fun.

Here are some pics.

As I bought it:

With some borrowed 18"s (the stock all terrain tires rubbed in the back) I will be buying some 22"s this week hopefully.

And my daily:

Thanks for looking.
JD Drops   +1y
Looks good, I have a bagged 99 Stepside as well..
Wannabee   +1y
Thanks, I love it so far. Did you cut your own front fender wells? Im going to start on mine this weekend. Any advise?
JD Drops   +1y
no they were already cut out when I got it.. it sits on the frame on 24's
markmnotdead   +1y
I could have sworn I seen this same exact truck yesterday cruising down the highway but on the stock wheels like the first few pictures..
markmnotdead   +1y
I could have sworn I seen this same exact truck yesterday cruising down the highway but on the stock wheels like the first few pictures..
Wannabee   +1y
Probably wasn't me seeing that its been sitting in my front yard for the past week. lol.
Wannabee   +1y
I am really in need of some 2" drop spindles, and I don't feel like paying 200 bucks. Anyone want to hook me up?
Page 1 of 1