Page 1 of 1
Air Ride Suspensions \  Bag setup for 99-02 silverado

Bag setup for 99-02 silverado

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 2101
replies 7
following 4

rob925bailey   +1y
Need some opinions from anyone with a bagged 99-02 silverado. Im wanting to bag my truck but im having trouble deciding what brand control arms and spindles to get. Ive seen where in some spindles you have to flip a ball joint. Its gonna be bagged on 24s. Ive seen where some people use factory uppers. I just dont want there to be binding issues with the balljoints.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
What size tire do you plan to run on your 24s?

We have a few options for you. we have what we call budget arms and they will lay on a smaller 24 and require no modification to your spindle or frame, but do require drop spindles.

The jeebus joint set we sell is a front end kit, and what we sell the most. It has uppers and lowers, with raised upper arm brackets, and upper bag brackets. This will narrow your track width up front, so you can turn while driving low, and allow you to lay out on a 26 with stock spindles as well. It requires you to flip the lower ball joint on the spindle, which is a pretty easy process really.
JD Drops   +1y
I have 24's on my 99 and I run McGaughy drop spindles on stock flipped upper A-arms.. I plan on upgrading to aftermarket arms but for now they do the job fine and no binding issues at all
donobird   +1y
Ekstensive metal works makes a really good set up for that truck. stock uppers and spindles tucks 24 -28. I have owned a 99 and 06.
rob925bailey   +1y
Ill check them all out. What about air line. Im getting different opinions about air brake line and soft line.
JD Drops   +1y
Get Parker Airline and Fittings
rob925bailey   +1y
What about fittings? Ptc or compression?
JD Drops   +1y
Edited: 7/13/2012 8:26:38 PM by JD Drops

I have a 99 on 24's

the front consists of flipped OEM control arms and McGaughy 2 inch drop spindles with relocated shocks

the rear is a 3 link setup with bag on lower bar with raised bed floor and relocated shocks.

gas tank is still in stock location and it lays full frame

tire size is 275/30/24

LOL whoops didnt even realize I posted to this topic already DOH
Page 1 of 1