threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Trucks \  Mazda driveshaft to Yota rearend mount help?

Mazda driveshaft to Yota rearend mount help?

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 565
replies 6
following 4

lwrlvl   +1y
Got a 86 Mazda one peice drive shaft and a 87 Toyota rearend i need to mount it to. What have you guys been doing? I told the driveshaft place to just make a plate so i can bolt it all together. They have had it for five weeks. Is there another way or right way to do this. Thanks!
tre5   +1y
Yeah, take it to a driveshaft shop that knows what they are doing. You don't just make a plate, you get a toyota mounting flange and cut the flange off the Mazda driveshaft and cut the driveshaft to the appropriate length and weld the toyota one on. Then spin balance it.
lwrlvl   +1y
Thats what the plan was to begin with. Wish i would of grabbed the toyota shaft when i got the axle. Thought maybe you could just make a adaptor plate to bolt the two together. Can you just buy a yota fange?
burnzya   +1y
i inquired about going from a toyota truck tranny to a mazda rx7 i.r.s.

they are making it from all new parts. all i have to do is tell them how many splines the transmission output has, the length from output shaft to flange on the 3rd member, and the distance between bolt holes on the mazda flange (dude said there was 2 different variations in a rx7)

i've heard it's cheaper to have one made from scratch then having a couple used shafts cut apart and the joints removed.

main thing is like jeremy said. take it somewhere that knows what they're doing.
tre5   +1y
you can buy the parts individually. I have done both of those conversions above (mazda to toyota and toyota to RX7). Both times I have taken them the parts I had and they bought the parts they needed to complete the job. So neither setup was all brand new, but you can go that route too, if you want to spend a little more.
jealousonezenvy   +1y
ive seen my friend do this in his own shop... no spin balance required just need the exact measurements... He also builds 100k hotrods here in spokane and is the pinstripe master
lwrlvl   +1y
Thanks guys! I just ended up going over to the shop and said you have had it long enough i need it done in four days. So i took it to another shop and got it done in two.
Page 1 of 1