Page 1 of 4
Mazda Trucks \  "Mrs. Self Built" '89 B2200 SFBD

"Mrs. Self Built" '89 B2200 SFBD

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 5361
replies 30
following 14

selfbuiltrods   +1y
About a year ago we bought a beat up little B that had a good heart so I dove right into a full blown build for my wife. These are the most important pics up to date. If any of the pics arent self explanatory Ill be more than happy to answer an questions. Thanks for looking.

selfbuiltrods   +1y
Edited: 4/16/2012 9:26:24 PM by SelfBuiltRods

Upper mounts are FINALLY DONE!!!!!!! Ive starting refinishing the wheel too. Started with 80 grit, finishing with 2000 wet, a flour, billet polish, and power ball polish, and finally a rubber glove billet polish.

And the new upper arm deign. 1" longer than factory with uniballs.

Gussets for the mount are soon to come.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
dzminiz   +1y
Lookin good.
Any more pics of the wheels? I have the rodders, also and mine are showing their age.
xgolferdude   +1y
It's about timeu posted some pix over here.... Lol
selfbuiltrods   +1y
Moving on, one detail at a time. I was starting at the front frame horns and working my way rearward to finish the chassis. I'm still kinda doing that, I just skipped the rack and pinion and steering because I'm waiting on the rack to get here. All the front needs to be completed is to get my uppers from GBD, get my uniballs in from ballistic, steering, and welding up misc. holes in the frame and smoothing them out. Now that the trans x member has been fish plated and re installed, Ill be welding and smoothing the rest of the frame, fish plating and re installing the carrier bearing x member, getting the bag bracket situated in the rear, finishing the two link, shocks, and mounting the fuel cell. That's pretty much everything in order lol. Then off to the paint both she'll go while we take care of body mods and refinishing. I'm shooting for having the completed truck in the paint booth by the end of June.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
markmnotdead   +1y
sick! it's coming along great, can't wait to see the outcome
selfbuiltrods   +1y
A fellow club member http://www.facebook.com/pages/MT-Designs/314549108618309 cut me a rendering today. The color is right, but very misleading, lol. Its light sage metallic by Ford. He did an awesome job! Very motivating! So here it is...

post photo
Rob Clayhill   +1y
The work and progress is coming along nicely. I cant wait to see it finished too.
selfbuiltrods   +1y
--------------------------------------------

LowLyfe83 said:

The work and progress is coming along nicely. I cant wait to see it finished too.

--------------------------------------------

Thank you! I cant wait either. This is the first full truck I've ever built for us. I've always been making sure my customers have been taken care of. Due to life I'm not really taking in business anymore.

selfbuiltrods   +1y
Edited: 7/11/2012 11:40:13 AM by SelfBuiltRods

Alrighty fellas! I sent my wife and kiddos on a vacation this week so I could knock some major stuff out in order to make All Star Event!

Link bars are done minus the lower plates for the bags...

I'm very pleased with the pinion angle change. Its setup at a 4" ride height, and i've always built my trucks to be low, so I never use full travel of my bag, so i'm not worried about pinion angle past about 7" of lift.

Heres is where it sits laid out on a 27" tall tire. I did not get a side pic of the pinion at ride height.

This is about 10" of lift lol.

WHOA! Somebody stole my backhalf!

I wasnt at all happy with the way the rear looked. omany holes to fill and smooth, and I'm about to re do the Z with a more mandrel bent feel, so I wanted the backhalf to flow. Will post more pics of the start of the backhalf Wednesday!
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo