Page 1 of 1
Air Ride Suspensions \  s10 a/c pump

s10 a/c pump

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 801
replies 2
following 2

bagged&topless   +1y
can someone tell me if i can use my stock a/c pump for a compressor on my 2002 s10. if so what do i need to do...thanks
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
thats a negative, you will burn it up fast. its not "maintainable" at those pressures and heat. heres alittle Q-and-A for ya:

1) What is "the best" one to get
2) what vehicle to get it from (exact ones
3) what mods have to be done to make it work %100
4) how do you mount it to the s-10?
5)how do you hook it into your air system
6- I still have my stock A/C which I want to keep
7- and how to you stop and start the air flow into your tank?
8- what oil do i use
9- can i use it on a 12 gal tank
10- what size tank is best
11- what is the highest psi they can run
12 do they pass alot of oil like yorks are known to do?
13 what is better a sd5 or sd7?

A's
1 any sanden really, sd5 or sd7. check out www.sanden.com for specs on each. some have higher rpm ratings so check on that.

2 http://www.polarbearinc.com/applications.htm can tell u what vehicles have a sd5 or sd7 onboard air sells them new or just type in sanden on ebay and u will find alot of them.

3 no mods are needed. just a oiler set on the lowest setting.

4 you can use a chassistech bracket, make your own, or modify the stock ac mount to hold the sanden.

5 you need to run atleast a foot or 2 of stainless braided hose, then hydraulic line to your tank.
these comps get hot.
some people run plastic airline after the braided line, i never use plastic line and i dont reccomend it.
best way is to run a braided line all the way back.

6 you can use a chassistech bracket, make your own

7 they have a clutch that u can hook up to a pressure switch to turn on and off.
i reccomend having a manual safety toggle switch ran inline to shut it off if needed.

8 i had the best results running a high quality thick motor oil.

9 yes. i had 1 filling 17 gallons of air for a little while, but it takes awhile to fill. they perform best filling a 5 gal.

10. i reccomend a 5 gal. yes u wont have alot of playtime before it kicks on, but it will fill a 5 gal from 100 to 150 fast.

11 they can run 200 easy daily. or 400+ on a 5 gal for hopping enjoyment.

12 normally, no. none.. only time mine did pass some was in the winter and i used some cheap thin oil. they did not like that at all.

13 i have always ran the sd5 h14 compressor. the sd7 is bigger, so it should kick out more air.
bagged&topless   +1y
well that helps me out big time...thanks for all the info and your time
Page 1 of 1