Project Datsun LS 521- UPDATED 12-14-12

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 5448
replies 48
following 22

pugz   +1y
Edited: 12/14/2012 11:00:50 AM by pugz

Edited: 8/25/2012 9:32:48 PM by pugz

Well here it is, My 2012 SEMA project, 1971 datsun 521, 18/20" Intro Wheels 20x10 rears with 4" backspace (6"+ lip in the rear), narrowed 04 yukon denali rear end with disk brakes narrowed 26"+, custom Suspension by B2D customs, Paint and body by Pristine Image, Sponsored by: Ryan's Sheetmetal designs, Intro wheels, Best Automotive, Keg-media, Maxxed wheels and suspension, Autoloc/Hoffman group, and Beebani Customs, so far. Of course im swapping over all my parts that i had for the pathy, flaming river column, mustang 2 rack(maybe), full rewire with ezwiring.com harness, Accuair SwitchSpeed setup with VU-4 valve manifold, 5.3l truck motor, polished ls1 intake billet pulleys, hooker headers, 700r4, f.o.a off road shocks, and im sure that i am forgetting somethings right now too. heres the rendering by Keg-Media.com

heres how it used to look, this hood graphic isnt shown in the rendering but will be one the truck, if i can keep the hood with the motor swap. lol and heres a current pics, mostly bodyworked, Scott already has the fender and door for body work, and will be getting the bed soon. None of the below pics will ever look like this again. lol Scott will have most the body soon while the suspension is being built, hes shaving a few things and just getting it all ready to paint, after the suspsnsion is done, he will finish the body work and then its going to a buddied hot rod shop to wire and plumb the motor and get it running. from there its going back to scott to do the final assembly and all paint. this truck will be finished and will be at SEMA parked next the Truckin Magazine guys, will be there with a friends 720 bodydropped on 22/24s. we will be the only 2 lil datsuns in the Truckin lineup. lol. Wheels will be here any day and ill post pics when they arrive. Then i have to narrow the axle and then its straight to get the suspension done. Should have fairly regular updates since everything is being done within 30 miles of my house. Heres the passenger side interior door panel that Ryan just finished. check out his work at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryans-Sheetmetal-Designs/176417162419804 also if anyone is interested.... im selling this rear end and the drivetrain out of this truck, the rear would be perfect for any 6 lug mini who wants a narrowed rear without the price of having one narrowed
bdydrppup   +1y
I'm totally watching this thread. Love the ole school mini's
laynwindows   +1y
very cool truck. good luck with the build
djleighk15   +1y
Thats freakin sweet man. Ill be watching this build for sure.
pugz   +1y
Scott is already hard at work on fixing the fender and door....

04 yukon denali complete rear end, 3.42 gear, disk brakes, but..... they sent me one without calipers or brackets, so now they are sending me a new one out first of next week...... this one measures about 59" from hub to hub, the stock datsun one is about 48" from drum to drum, and id have to narrow the stock one down.... so im looking at somewhere between 12-18" per side of the yukon rear end that has to be cut and narrowed. also go a call from intro and my wheels are a lil behind now, sho they will ship out to me late next week. .

started stripping the interior.

Dash in Dash out Beebani Machining my adapters Adapters done
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
relaxednoma   +1y
def. watching this thread!