Page 1 of 2
Hydraulic Suspensions \  Hydro gurus need your help

Hydro gurus need your help

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 1683
replies 13
following 9

neil12011   +1y
Just a couple of quick novice questions. I'm looking to buy a certain kick ass TL that Tre5 did the install on. As a newcomer to hydraulic suspension, what items should I keep "on hand" in case of repairs, emergency etc. I've been into the scene as far as I can remember, I've just never actually owned a juiced vehicle. Are there certain seals "o-rings" I should keep a stock of? I'm also curious if Hydroholics were to ever, well, cease to be, what would be my options if a cylinder were to go? Also, how do you guys charge multiple batteries at a time? Do the fittings ever need to be re-tightened? Also, I know it's off topic, but having a laid out ride, does it attract negative attention? IE, do you guys check on it every 10 minutes to make sure someone is trying to break into the damn thing or steal it? Thanks in advance, I appreciate the knowledge I've already gained on the forums so far.

Peace,Neil
artsar   +1y
As for the parts to keep on hand. I have seals in my garage and I even went as far as to find a local supplier of Orings just incase. I always keep oil in the car just incase I spring a leak. I have had people follow me because of the car and that TL is much nicer than my Ion.

For charging the batteries you can get a charger for the 36 or 48 volts that the car needs. I just rewire my batteries and run a 12volt but its really up to you.

In all reality though if the car were to some how spring a leak or break hydraulic wise you are better off to just pull over and call for help. I wouldn't risk it. I drove home one day with the front all the way down because I cracked a fitting. I could bairly make corners and my fenders are plastic so I was willing to rub where I wouldn't with a steel fender. Especially with the tuck that TL gets.
AON-JAMES   +1y
Ricky's TL was done with high quality equipment, with a high quality installer.

I'd recommend learning how to change seals yourself, and changing the oil out once in awhile.
Possibly keep a few solenoids on hand just in case.

I'm also sure Ricky would be willing to show you how he charges the batteries in it when he sells it to you.

Congratulations on picking up an awesome car if you go through with the purchase.
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y
First of all, you are looking at one of my favorite cars out there! Ricky's TL is amazing and built with the best product on the market. Don't be afraid of the hydraulics...they won't give you any trouble. Polypac seals don't just 'go out' immediately. It's a gradual process, so don't feel like you will ever be left stranded because of a seal in the cylinders. Also, I would highly recommend ordering your seals from Hydroholics. There are many many many different types of polypacs aka ucups aka etc etc with many different variables to each type. When I owned Hydroholics I found out the hard way that not all seals are created equal and finally found 'just' the right ones that will last the longest. Hydroholics does not manufacture the seals, so if they went out of business you could get them elsewhere as long as they share the model and part number (which I'm sure they would do as courtesy if the did go out of business). Let me know if you have any other questions.
AON-JAMES   +1y
The hydraulic lord has spoke.
neil12011   +1y
Everyone, thank you. I'm super stoked about the TL. Hopefully everything works out. Is Hydroholics still doing well under the new ownership? Again, thank you for all the helpful input. I feel like a kid waiting to open Christmas presents.
LAID TL   +1y
what items should I keep "on hand" in case of repairs, emergency etc. ??
The items I keep with me all the time, A simple tool bag with wrenches and sockets rachet and screwdrivers pliers

Are there certain seals "o-rings" I should keep a stock of?
I kept a full O Ring kit when I was traveling out of town .... Never once used it while on the road !!

I'm also curious if Hydroholics were to ever, well, cease to be, what would be my options if a cylinder were to go?
Theres several places that I looked into for the cylinders if Hydroholics were to go out of biz !

Also, how do you guys charge multiple batteries at a time?
I have 3 12v chargers and I just disconnect the batteries from eachother and charge individually.

Do the fittings ever need to be re-tightened?
I check fittings every time I do a seal change.

Also, I know it's off topic, but having a laid out ride, does it attract negative attention?
IE, do you guys check on it every 10 minutes to make sure someone is trying to break into the damn thing or steal it?
I dont get negative attention with the car.... it brings alot of thumbs up !! alot of people wanna see it !! I dont go runnin out every 10 minutes worried if its gonna get broke into ... I got full coverage insurance for that !! I run out every 10 minutes so I can stare at the beauty on the ground !!
neil12011   +1y
Well said Ricky! Hopefully everything goes well. Most likely I'll fly out and do a road trip back. The wife gave the thumbs up and she wants to come with me too! I showed her the pics you sent and she said "that looks awesome, you should buy it". I asked her if she cared how "low" it was, she was like "that's what makes it so cool looking". Thanks for all the info you've sent man, I'll even buy you guys dinner when I'm out that way. By the way Ricky, when I take it to a Hopping competition, how many inches do you think it'll get? Ha! Jk
scrapinbyu   +1y
Hey whats up Neil, this is Eric, the new owner of Hydroholics. If there is anything you need what so ever, feel free to give me a call 480 201-8490 or you can email me at eric@hydroholics.net. I actually just got in a bunch of the seals, so I got plenty of them if you want to grab some, to have some on hand. Thanks
mista337   +1y
All I want to add is:

ALWAYS use a triple seal cylinder with the top seal being a Polypak.

And:

Use this charger for multiple batteries. No need to rewire them in parallel...and it's only 1.25 amps. Gives a nice, deep charge.

(Far less expensive on eBay) http://batterytender.com/automotive/4-bank-international-charger-usa-western-hemisphere.html

I also wonder what will happen if/when Hydroholics goes out of business. Seems like the current owner(s) only worry about new promotional products instead of new suspension products. I just hope SOMEONE will offer an externally threaded cylinder casing.