Page 1 of 3
Build-Ups \  2000 Toyota Tacoma SFBD

2000 Toyota Tacoma SFBD

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 2929
replies 26
following 18

Whattha   +1y
I've been reading around on here for several months and I finally decided to go ahead and start a build log of my truck. I'll give you a little run down of the plans I have for this beast. I bought the truck off Mautofied from an old man in Texas with a custom frame already under it. We have cut the back half off it and doing mandrel bent frame rails. It's gonna have a LS1 with a Turbonetics Turbo strapped on it(currently being built). Completely shaved firewall. Tubular core support to keep the clean look that I'm going after. It had some hand built tubular control arms and hand built spindles that came with the truck that I'm going to use. I think the front setup is sick. Were going to use some monoloc suicide door hinges. Sheet metal bed with no 90 degree corner anywhere. Truck has a 2.5" chop on the top. Ed Williamson is going to paint the truck and Kyle Hix of Hix Designs is going to do the interior. I'll post up more pics as I have them. Looking to be done by Slamily but we will see what happens. Now on to the pics.

Heres what I started with:

Where were at now:

Rendering:

The front end is going to be substantially different as were building it all by hand. Let me know what you guys think.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Awesome build!

those arms look like something brooks built, is that his old toyota??
FXDGRND   +1y
Nice start to the build. Funny I was thinking the same thing on the front end. Good idea to make the rear tie into the front with curves. Is it just the lighting or do the notches lean out?
Whattha   +1y
Edited: 2/26/2012 3:27:46 PM by Whattha

This is Brooks old Tacoma. From what he told me his very first frame build. Taylor in the 5th picture you built the arms for that Mazda that you can see off to the right and was gonna build me some spindles as well but this Tacoma is taking up all my money for the time being lol. If your guys are wondering the truck is with Kris Carrol at California Fab Shop in Ft. Smith Ark.
sparkn687   +1y
I thought I saw on OKCminis.com you were have a local guy biuld it!
Whattha   +1y
Fort Smith is local for me! I just live 35 miles from there. I'm from Stigler Oklahoma which is Southeast......way east.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Well shit, small world.

Glad to see his truck went to a good home, and is in good hands. I cant wait to see it finished!!

I love how the rear frame clip is coming out. Make sure to keep the thread updated!

Taylor
Whattha   +1y
Thought I would go ahead and update this with where were at on it now! Its really moving along. My Raceline Burst 5's will be in on the 2nd.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
i8nt2lo   +1y
Very nice man, love the bar work.
markmnotdead   +1y
loving the frame work, so sick