Page 1 of 1
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  Ignition harness location

Ignition harness location

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 562
replies 5
following 3

i8nt2lo   +1y
94 GMC Sierra...is the ignition harness the one located on the top of the steering column? There's a blue one and a white one on top of the steering column just under the dash. The ignition is actually on the steering column, not the dash. Need to tap into the ignition for an AccuAir setup. Figured anyone with this style truck may know. Thanks!!
onelowram   +1y
key on wire i think its pink
i8nt2lo   +1y
I found a diagram and yea pink is key on. Problem is there's like 5 pinks coming out of different harnesses. This trucks had all the shit before..stereo, old switch box, etc., so there's shit everywhere. The only harness that makes sense is the one on top of the column cuz it looks factory and does have two pinks coming out of it. Just wondering if that's the correct harness.
i8nt2lo   +1y
Nothing?
TooLowSdime   +1y
your ign/key on wire is going to be a heavyer gauge wire. i'm going to guess 12 gauge maybe 14. the best thing to do to make sure is grab a multi meter and or even a test light. turn the key off and on to see if it lights up or shows 12volts. in the same plug i think there is a Red, Pink with white line and a Purple. they are all heavyer gauge wires. hope that helps.
i8nt2lo   +1y
I was wondering about the gauge of the wire cuz the ones I was thinking are correct are a little thicker like you're saying. Thanks for the info man.
Page 1 of 1