Page 1 of 1
Hydraulic Suspensions \  2012 scion xb

2012 scion xb

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 747
replies 5
following 4

JLCHEVY_VC   +1y
I have been checking on air ride or hydros for my xb for couple weeks. Trying to decide which way to go and have all done by summertime. I actually like the hydroholics 1 pump setup, 5 dump, but could I just run front, back and pancake with this setup? And would 2 xs power d3100 batteries be enough power? Last question, would this bolt up, or some brackets need to be made for the rear? Thanks for any help
tre5   +1y
A one pump five dump setup will never pancake perfectly because of the difference in weight between front and rear and only having one slow down valve. I have no idea about those batteries, but you would be perfect with two batteries that are normal size. I would recommend the Kinetik 1800 size. I can also make you mounts that will allow the cylinders to bolt in.
JLCHEVY_VC   +1y
thanks for fast response. And i kinda thought the back would be lower than the front when down all way, Im just looking for front and back really, if it has s/s thats fine too. The kinetik 1800 will be fine then, because the xs power batteries are priced a good bit more so that will save some money. On the rear of car, its not a strut like the front, it has a spring in pocket, then the shock is mounted beside that, so I am just guessing, but cylinder mounts where shock is with some kind of bracket and take the springs out? How much for the brackets if you make them? Or you can email me any info if thats better. b.whitley74@yahoo.com.
Sorry for so many questions, I dont know of any places in alabama that do hydros, well I havent checked around alot. I am just trying to get everything together first.
artsar   +1y
Your rear suspension sounds alot like mine and I had to have it all custom.

tre5   +1y
The rear is easy, just put the cylinders were the shocks go.
JLCHEVY_VC   +1y
I thought that was it, like the heim joints go on and bolt in, just know I gotta get something for the front
Page 1 of 1