threads
Page 1 of 2
Air Ride Suspensions \  New Nissan Hardbody Upper A-Arms!!!

New Nissan Hardbody Upper A-Arms!!!

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 1189
replies 10
following 7

ChadCrissDesign   +1y
Tell me what you think!!!

ptman2002   +1y
any for an s10 or sonoma?
domer   +1y
design idea is awesome.. just a few finishing touches on the finish and your golden. personal or trying to sell?
ChadCrissDesign   +1y
I sell them, i have made a couple sets of s-10 arms but not like this.
ptman2002   +1y
whats the price on some for a 95 sonoma?
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
You should start chamfering and facing your bushing ends you make to match the ball joint cups you get. It would make them look so much cleaner, especially since nothing else is saw cut on the arm.

Looks good!

Taylor

ChadCrissDesign   +1y
--------------------------------------------

Chopped Mazda said:

You should start chamfering and facing your bushing ends you make to match the ball joint cups you get. It would make them look so much cleaner, especially since nothing else is saw cut on the arm.

Looks good!

Taylor

Thanks bro!
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Edited: 1/31/2012 10:18:44 AM by Chopped Mazda

Only one other thought... Why are you grinding down the welds when your done? On a flat plate arm, its the fillet that the weld creates that keeps that arm strong, and applicable to the torsional stress on an upper arm, the side to side strength is plenty but when that ball joint reaches its maximum travel point, and that weld is absorbing all the bumps in the road, it may come into play...When you grind it down, you take that fillet away somewhat, and it really cuts down on the strength. Im sure we both know that its probably overkill for an upper arm anyways, but really if your going to be selling these to the public, you really cant be to safe on your end, you never know what these people will do with them. Ive found that out first hand before lol.

love the shape of the arm tho, looks awesome!

Taylor
ChadCrissDesign   +1y

Chopped Mazda said:

Edited: 1/31/2012 10:18:44 AM by Chopped Mazda

Only one other thought... Why are you grinding down the welds when your done? On a flat plate arm, its the fillet that the weld creates that keeps that arm strong, and applicable to the torsional stress on an upper arm, the side to side strength is plenty but when that ball joint reaches its maximum travel point, and that weld is absorbing all the bumps in the road, it may come into play...When you grind it down, you take that fillet away somewhat, and it really cuts down on the strength. Im sure we both know that its probably overkill for an upper arm anyways, but really if your going to be selling these to the public, you really cant be to safe on your end, you never know what these people will do with them. Ive found that out first hand before lol.

love the shape of the arm tho, looks awesome!

Taylor

Ya I understand all that, I barley skimmed the welds.. I need a tig welder lol
butterbean   +1y
How much for the hardbody arms?