Page 4 of 6
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  Projekt MMMMKAY

Projekt MMMMKAY

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 5501
replies 50
following 12

artsar   +1y
Looking good! We started bagging the MK6 Jetta this weekend. I should have pictures next weekend. I promised not to post anything until it was done.
krz_hayn   +1y
Thanks! Good luck with the Jetta. Looking forward to seeing it done. Let me know total hours? I've estimated about 35+/- in total for mine.

I'm loving my car!
krz_hayn   +1y
--------------------------------------------

artsar said:

Looking good! We started bagging the MK6 Jetta this weekend. I should have pictures next weekend. I promised not to post anything until it was done.

How's that Jetta coming along?
artsar   +1y
Its all plumbed and just needs the actual struts and rear bags. Turns out the front needs MK4 struts (on the 2L) and MK5 struts (on the 2.5L) and of course we got the wrong ones. So we have about 3 hours of work ahead of us once the parts get in.
krz_hayn   +1y

artsar said:

Its all plumbed and just needs the actual struts and rear bags. Turns out the front needs MK4 struts (on the 2L) and MK5 struts (on the 2.5L) and of course we got the wrong ones. So we have about 3 hours of work ahead of us once the parts get in.

interesting about the front struts... What bags are you running in the rear?
krz_hayn   +1y
4/30/2012

Picked up Projector LED DRL Headlights from Spyder Auto
post photo
post photo
post photo
artsar   +1y
We are going to run firestone sleeve bags that were for a MK4. The owner got a kit for the car. This is his first bag job and he doesn't want to cut to much. I'm sure that will change in the future though.
krz_hayn   +1y
Edited: 5/2/2012 12:15:42 PM by krzhayn

artsar said:

We are going to run firestone sleeve bags that were for a MK4. The owner got a kit for the car. This is his first bag job and he doesn't want to cut to much. I'm sure that will change in the future though.

I'm running a similar set-up...AirLift XL strut bags frontFirestone F9000 sleeves rear w/AirLift shocks

The only cut I made was a C-notch on the front passenger frame to clear the half shaft other then the fender liner.
artsar   +1y
Yea it sounds like the same basic set up. We have to notch the frame too. I just don't think he wants to fab a whole lot. Like making brackets and what not. We are going to leave the rear shocks alone for now since he needs new tires to sit down low. The tires are almost flush with the lip so he needs new stretched tires. I guess this is what happens when you don't plan on air when you buy rims.
krz_hayn   +1y
Wheel and tire specs?

I've got 19x8.5 et45 with 225/35/19... My rear is cambered at -2.6, height set with a half inch of tire tucked.