Page 1 of 1
Air Ride Suspensions \  Bag a 2000 silverado

Bag a 2000 silverado

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 1707
replies 9
following 6

rob925bailey   +1y
I have a 2000 silverado reg cab. I wanna bag it but not worried about it being bodied. Now i have 22s and i wanna get 24s eventually. As far as the setup im looking at drop spindles and tubular upper and lowers, RE 7 & 8, with 1/2 & 3/8 valves and dual viair 444s. In the rear im looking at a bolt on and a weld on parallel 4 link and a watts link. And putting the bags over axle. Im looking for advice from anyone with a 99-02 silverado or gmc thats bagged with a setup that works great. Ive looked at the cantilever and the price jumps quite a bit. Also i will tow a trailer with a bike on it on occasion. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
i8nt2lo   +1y
My advice is give it to someone who knows what they're doing. Sounds as though it's a virgin truck, and that's a good start. Is it a bolt-on or a weld-on setup in the rear that you're looking for?? You plan on running shocks? Why no 8z in the front? Why mixed valve sizes? Just some general questions.
thomasd   +1y
Yea what he said ^
rob925bailey   +1y
Ive got a few friends with bagged trucks that are gonna help me with it. Ive had some people tell me to run smaller bags in the rear because of less weight and 3/8 valves for raising it slower. And not sure bout shocks. A couple friends have shocks on theres and some dont. As far as the setup ive looked at kp bolt on 4 link and the 6 link. Price is quite a bit higher for the 6 link. Ive also looked at the weld on 4 links. Ive got a friend with a weld on parallel 4 link with watts link and bag over axle and suggested that route. Price of that route is good. Just wanna know if anyone out there has that setup and if they have any trouble with it on a full size.
i8nt2lo   +1y
That setup will be fine if installed correctly. You want a nice ride, then I suggest running as big a bag as possible, front and back. Everyone here will agree. Besides, they're the same price anyway.

Also, RUN SHOCKS!! No reason not too and it WILL affect the ride quality. The only people who say it doesn't affect the quality are those without them. You're gonna spend some duckets on all the components anyway, why not kick in another 2 bills for shocks?

As for the valves, that depends on your definition of fast or slow when it comes to raising or dumping a vehicle. In my opinion, 3/8" valves are the way to go. Or you could run 1/2" valves and use slow-down filters to control the speed of your dumping and filling. Either way, there are components out there to get you what you're looking for.

Really, it depends on what you're looking for when it comes to your setup. Are you just gonna cut your bed up? Do you plan on sheetmetaling the bed and if so, how much room do you want?? Think the whole thing through and you should be good. There are advantages and disadvantages to every setup, but I don't think you should limit yourself to a parallel 4 link with a Watt's just cuz a buddy suggested that route. Checking out other peoples stuff and asking questions (like you're doing) is the best route to figure out what YOU like. Hell, even 2 links with panhards get love here.

If it's price that your basing your setup on, just remember, you get what you pay for. Good shit ain't cheap and cheap shit ain't good. Just trying to help ya out man. Good luck with it.
thomasd   +1y
Yea what he said^
unusualfabrication   +1y
--------------------------------------------

rob925bailey said:

Ive got a few friends with bagged trucks that are gonna help me with it. Ive had some people tell me to run smaller bags in the rear because of less weight and 3/8 valves for raising it slower. And not sure bout shocks. A couple friends have shocks on theres and some dont. As far as the setup ive looked at kp bolt on 4 link and the 6 link. Price is quite a bit higher for the 6 link. Ive also looked at the weld on 4 links. Ive got a friend with a weld on parallel 4 link with watts link and bag over axle and suggested that route. Price of that route is good. Just wanna know if anyone out there has that setup and if they have any trouble with it on a full size.

--------------------------------------------

Not to be rude but hopefully the people that told you this aren't the same people that are going to help you because that information is not entirely correct. With small bags in the rear you won't get much lift and its going to ride stiff with a bag over axle setup. Also if your going to run a mixed valve set and you use the 3/8" to lift the truck slower than you'll have all the 1/2" valves as dumps and its going to slam down like a ton of bricks without some sort of flow controls. I personally like 3/8" valves with flow controls to fine tune them but if your going to get the mixed pack you can use the 1/2" to lift and 3/8" to dump the front (more weight) and 3/8" to lift and 1/2" to dump the rear (less weight). You'll still want some type of flow control to fine tune it to how you like it.
rob925bailey   +1y
Not rude at all. That actually makes sense the way you explained it. And no the people that told me that will not be touching the truck ever. Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.
rob925bailey   +1y
Not rude at all. That actually makes sense the way you explained it. And no the people that told me that will not be touching the truck ever. Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.
oscarkk   +1y
There selling new viair 380 dual packs on ebay for $285 shipped if your still gathering up parts for your truck...
Page 1 of 1