Page 1 of 1
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  SSBC BRAKE QUESTIONS

SSBC BRAKE QUESTIONS

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 448
replies 2
following 3

SHOWTIME   +1y
Okay here is my question I e-mailed SSBC brakes about getting rear disk brakes for my 1991 Chev C1500 extended cab short box truck they have a kit (great news for me) while I was e-mailing them I thought hey why not update the fronts to. So I told the Tech all about my truck being lowered and bagged not a problem he says but I have to use thier 2" drop spindle he says. This to me seems odd I have 2" drop spindles from Belltech but he says they will not work. I know that spindles can have some slight differences but to me a 2" drop spindle is a 2" drop spindle as long as it is of good quality. Has anybody heard of having to do this? Those that have upgraded the factory front brakes on this style of truck what did you use or do?

Thanks
tcsxtremeison22s   +1y
my guess is youre inquiring on doing a "big brake kit" for the front of it.. if you're going to run a caliper with 2 or more pistons thats probably the reason why they're asking you to run their spindle as more then likely nothing but a factory caliper w/ one piston will bolt up to your belltech's..i'd have to think if you're running a bigger caliper, the factory mounts on your spindle wouldnt line up.. ive done a few of their big brake kits and on some of the older vehicles that came with one piston front calipers and a spindle swap was needed...

BIGDNCAZ   +1y
I don't believe you should have a problem using a Belltech spindle. I have an SSBC "big brake" kit on my truck. It's an 02, so the set up may be a little different, but I am using McGaughy spindles on mine without a problem. The issue may come into play with how the mounting bracket for the caliper attachs. Hope this helps.
Page 1 of 1