threads
Page 1 of 1
Hydraulic Suspensions \  Lift is getting slow with this cold weather.

Lift is getting slow with this cold weather.

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 759
replies 7
following 7

2LOW4U   +1y
I know it doesn't get too cold here in TX but in the 30s and 40s and my car is lifting slow. I currently run aw-32 oil in my pump. Is there something I can add to it or another weight/type of fluid I can use to speed it up for now?
smithchassis   +1y
To make a long story short, not really. just make sure you charge your batteries more often in the cold.
2LOW4U   +1y
I have been charging them every night or 2 right now bc of the cold. I was hoping there was some trick or something to speed the lift back up but if not it doesn't stay cold here too long...
tre5   +1y
Nothing I know of. It has been discussed before and I don't think anyone has ever come up with an answer.
CUZIKEN   +1y
We have a hydraulic shop here in MI that i was at a few years ago and this dodge ram was in the shop and when i was looking at the install i noticed these wires connected some kind of sensor that was on the tank, so i had to ask what the heck it was since ive been in to hydraulics for 13yrs and never saw this before. To make a short story even shorter come to find out they where block heaters for engines! i don't know if they only plugged them in at night when they charged the batteries or may be a ac/dc converter and they would be on all the time. The installer said he also had them on his ride and id made a huge difference even though it would only warm up the oil in the tank ant not the lines/hoses but with the warmer oil the pump wasnt trying to pump thick cold oil. hope this helps you or gives you a idea for something.
CUZIKEN   +1y
I was just thinking and was wondering how the heater pad would work that they use for NOS bottles
CUZIKEN   +1y
http://proheatproducts.com/index.php?main_page=products_all&zenid=b323e04bbe6e29797ba8084083114a9a

Ok i promise this will be the last post i make lol. i just know how much it sucks when it gets cold out and your pumps get slow
Page 1 of 1