Page 1 of 3
Air Ride Suspensions \  MY BAGGED 95 CHEVY PROJECT

MY BAGGED 95 CHEVY PROJECT

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 2403
replies 22
following 5

TONY95CHEVY   +1y
THIS IS MY SECOND BAGGED TRUCK. BOTH WERE 1995. FIRST WAS AN S10 THAT WAS ALREADY BAGGED LIKE MY SILVERADO WAS WHEN I GOT IT. THE S10 WAS A CAB FRAME DASH AND FRONT CLIP. THATS IT. I PUT MOTOR INTERIOR BED REPLACED FORNT BAGS. SYSTEM PAINT BODY POP DOORS AND COMPRESSOR. COME TO FIND OUT THE FRAME WAS CRACKING IN THE FRONT WHERE THEY CUT A SQUARE OUT OF THE FRAME INSTED OF A CIRCLE. CRACKED AT THE POINT, ANYWAY SOLD IT GOT ME ANOTHER FULLSIZE. IM A FULLSIZE KINDA GUY ANYWAY SO IM HAPPY WITH THE PURCHASE EXCEPT THE BODY IS BAD. FLAT BLACK PRIMER WITH NO CATALAST. IM A PAINTER FOR A LIVING AND THATS BADDDD. THE LOWER BODY LINES WERE TACK WELDED WITH STRIPS OF METAL AND BONDO OVER. WHICH SUCH A LARGE AREA AND ONLY TACK WELDED OVER AND AIRBAGS IT CRACKED WITH THE STRESS SO IVE BEEN STRIPING IT FOR THE PAST FEW WEEKS. GOT A REBUILT TRANNY FOR IT AND WORKING ON THE BODYWORK. ALL IN ALL THE PINION ANGLE LOOKS GOOD THE REAR END LOOKS STRAIGHT. GUY HAS BIG BAGS IN THE REAR WITH LARGE SHOCKS FOR TOW. DOESENT LOOK LIKE A BAD SETUP FROM WHAT IVE SEEN. GOOD WELDS, TALL NOTCH NO CRACKS. NOONES DRAGGED THE FRAME. IT WILL BE ABOUT A YEAR PROJECT ENLESS I COME UP ON SOME REAL CASH. I DONT MAKE ALOT OF MONEY AND IM GONNA TRY N MAKE THIS ONE RIGHT. LOOKING IN ALL TO HAVE ABOUT 12K IN IT. HERES A FEW PICTURES OF IT... ILL POST MORE AS I GO.
TONY95CHEVY   +1y
Edited: 11/15/2011 7:07:10 PM by TONY95CHEVY

TONY95CHEVY   +1y
ILL HAVE TO FIGURE OUT TO POST PIX
cookiemonster13   +1y
uhhh.... your house and your body work appears to be cracking and warping everywhere....
Evil s10   +1y
did you attempt to shave the lower body line?
TONY95CHEVY   +1y
No i bought the truck like that. Hell no i would not screw a truck up like that!! If u would have read I'n the first post it states how they tried to shave the body line by tack welding and filling it with bondo. That don't work. I had to even cut the shaved tailights out.
TONY95CHEVY   +1y
Oh and the picture I'n the driveway is not my house that's the guys house i bought it from.
TONY95CHEVY   +1y
Edited: 12/10/2011 8:10:40 AM by TONY95CHEVY

Got most the bodywork done. Still have rollpan tailgate and front bumper left.
TONY95CHEVY   +1y
" target="_blank" title="">" target="_blank" title="">