Page 1 of 1
Hydraulic Suspensions \  Juicing a 92 Olds Cutlass Vert

Juicing a 92 Olds Cutlass Vert

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 468
replies 8
following 6

Venom   +1y
Hey guys, Im looking to juice my 92 Cutty Vert project. Im looking at getting the Hydrohaulics 1 pump 5 dump setup. I have the rear struts figured out as how to use the threaded sleeves to make my own strut mounting bracket, but my question is about the front. They are mcpherson struts but are structural as the are the entire knuckle and everything that turn when the vehicle turns. Does anyone know how I would setup the front as I would need to figure out a way to maybe design a top mount with a sperical bearing of some kind so the wheels can still turn. Thanks in advance as I am a total noob to hydraulics.
cookiemonster13   +1y
talk to jeremy, aka tre5. he can build whatever you want
scrapinbyu   +1y
Whenever you are ready to buy the juice, let me me know. We have everything in stock and ready to sell. If you have any questions you can call me, Eric at 480 201-8490.

Hydroholics.net

Leading The Hydraulic Revolution
HarryBalls   +1y
Most common thing to do is flip the cylinder upside down and either use a powerball or the factory strut bearing. Some people cut the stock strut/shock and use it as the spacer around the cylinder but its a better idea and cleaner to make your own
artsar   +1y
I have a mac strut in my Ion and what I did was get a plate made up that was the same bolt pattern as the strut tower and welded in a power ball and ran the strut up side down. You can kind of see what I mean in this pic. It was just a mock up of the parts before they were welded but it gives you an idea.

post photo
tre5   +1y
I would recommend a two pump setup in that car, but you may be fine if it is a convertible because of the added rear weight. The problem with a 1-5 is that it has fluid transfer and on a car like that it will be very front heavy. Meaning when you dump the front of the car it will drop much faster than the rear. The fluid will not only go back into the tank, but it will also go into the rear cylinders... lifting the rear.
If your machpherson strut is part of the knuckle you will need to cut the factory strut apart and slide the new cylinder into it. This will negate the threaded part of the cylinder. You can either cut the factory strut at the proper height for the cylinder collar to sit on (upside down, like others have mentioned) or you could cut the factory strut lower (below the spring perch) and add a peice of tubing to the factory strut to the appropriate height. I actually have a car here that has a similar setup on it. I will be posting pics next week.
Venom   +1y
Thanks for all the insight guys and I do look forward to some pics so I can get a better idea of what Im dealing with here.
Venom   +1y
Hey Jeremy I was just wondering if you had any pics of the setup you were talking about you did. My motor swap is taking longer than I expected so I havnt gotten around to gathering suspension goodies yet. Thanks again.
tre5   +1y
If you head to my website and click on pictures it will take you to my photobucket. There are hundreds of pics on there.
Page 1 of 1