threads
Page 1 of 1
Chevy/GMC Trucks \  Help. Electrical problem?

Help. Electrical problem?

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 450
replies 2
following 3

Ozkorpyon   +1y
Hey guys. Question for you all.

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8. About a week and a half ago, I came home and turn off my truck and got out, and went to set the alarm/lock with the remote and the remote just beeped at me, as if it did not get signal to the vehicle. Weird. So I got into the truck and I attempted to start it and the lights on dash came on once once I turned the key about the start it, and then everything just completely died. As if the battery had instantly been drained? Of course I was puzzled and tried a couple more times to start it and nothing. I waited a few minutes trying to figure out what was going on, and then attempted again, and it started up like nothing had happened. So I got out, hoping it was just some freak coincidence, locked the truck and didn't think about it again. The next morning, I attempted to unlock the truck with my remote and nothing. So that afternoon, I had a tow truck guy come open my door for me (I don't have the key slot on the door, thanks to some asshole trying to break in and me never getting it repaired). Once in, I attempted to start and it was completely dead. Took battery out, charged it to 100% (It was at 10% when I plugged it up), reinstalled it and everything was perfectly fine. Fast forward a week, I go to get into the truck Monday night and it unlocked, but when I tried to start it, same as before, lights came on and then everything died as if battery had zero juice. Left it alone and Tuesday afternoon, I went out and attempted to start it and it started as if nothing had happened?!?! I'm very confused. Please help me!!

I had the battery checked at Autozone and at Sams Club (where I bought it) and both said it was fine. I just changed the alternator less than 2 years ago (but I'm going to get it checked anyways to see if it is ok), but any other suggestions or ideas as to what is going on? I also checked the belt and tensioner to make sure it is nice and tight and turning the alternator well and it is.

Thanks for your help guys. Really do appreciate it!
slmd-obsession   +1y
It sounds like you have a bad connection on 1 of the battery cables, probably a bad ground.
THE LOW RANGER   +1y
could be your alarm unplug it and see if that works
Page 1 of 1