Chevy/GMC Trucks \  Lexan Back Window?

Lexan Back Window?

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 598
replies 6
following 4

baggedtwenty   +1y
Edited: 11/7/2011 5:43:13 PM by baggedtwenty

Wondering what kinda adhesive is used on these windows? Looked at homedepo and lowes got a few adhesives that mite work but there tan or white in color(Look real takey)I got a 01 gmc sierra, looked like it was glued on with the same stuff for the windshields. Tried to re glue it didn't hold with that adhesive. This yr gmc don't have a weather strip so it only holded on by the silicone or adhesive. Any help be nice,thanks.

And before any recommends CanDo theyre worthless to get ahold,email and called never returneed my call.
BK2LIFE   +1y
urethane.

it is the stuff that glues in windows, any reputable auto body shop will sell ya a tube.
baggedtwenty   +1y
yea i tried the stuff at autozone think it was called windo-weld or something,said it was for windshields. Seemed to hold good on th ebody of the truck,just not that lexan window.
BK2LIFE   +1y
--------------------------------------------

baggedtwenty said:

yea i tried the stuff at autozone think it was called windo-weld or something,said it was for windshields. Seemed to hold good on th ebody of the truck,just not that lexan window.

not autozone.

a real auto body materials shop.

completely different stuff.

baggedtwenty   +1y

BK2LIFE said:

baggedtwenty said:

not autozone.

a real auto body materials shop.

completely different stuff.

yea ima swing by one this week. Thanks for the info
bigjon   +1y
dont waste your time putting it in! after 2 washes you wont be able to see out of it and youll HATE IT! I know i had one in my s-10 awhile ago.
baggedtwenty   +1y

bigjon said:

dont waste your time putting it in! after 2 washes you wont be able to see out of it and youll HATE IT! I know i had one in my s-10 awhile ago.

its been on the truck for yrs now,doesnt really have any scratches just some lite ones that arent really noticeable. It all depends on how you clean it.
Page 1 of 1