Page 1 of 2
Hydraulic Suspensions \  help me out please im doing hydros on my gmc

help me out please im doing hydros on my gmc

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 672
replies 16
following 11

89gmcsierra   +1y
what all do i need i wanna buy a kit but i dont know what i need and do i have to run springs i dont wanna hop i just wanna cruse and every now and then just throw up the front end three wheel ect. i was looking into it and i dont see how the rear hooks up to diff can u send pics of set ups iv never done dros so im a newbie to this ....and places like cce low life ....what kits u have for me i was thinking 3 pump fast though ...very
artsar   +1y
I am going to say to go with Hydroholics. I like them and if you just want to cruise its a great kit. I have hydros on my saturn and I do not have springs and from my understanding thats mainly for being able to hop since you can run accumulators to improve the ride. With the bank end you will need to put in a link of some sort to suit your needs, such as a parallel 4 link. The cylinders them selves get mounted to the link or axle by welding on tabs and using either a power ball or heim joint. The other end of the cylinder gets put into a sleeve and is basically held in there by gravity. With the hydroholics stuff you get threaded sleeves so they are more "perminently" attached. Search the owners profiles or show coverage for pictures or set ups. Thats what I did for my car. Or find build threads to get a better idea. There was a Tahoe done by Tre5 thats worth looking at.
89gmcsierra   +1y
for shure iv done baggs with friends but i didnt know how u hiemed a cylinders so a hyme or power ball
artsar   +1y
The ends of cylinders are threaded so you can install those parts. So a heim threads into the shaft of a cylinder. Same with a power ball. There is an opening in the ball and a bolt that secures the two together. I have heims in the back and power balls up front on my car. Different application than yours but same theory.
89gmcsierra   +1y
ok so the power ball is held in a cup 2pice cup and bottom half gets wielded to bottom control arm like bag cup....nice so are hiems and powerballs just as strong as far as how long they last
artsar   +1y
You are correct about the power ball. Atleast thats how I would go about it. As for what one is stronger, I can only speak from experience and to me they are the same. I figure a power ball would be stronger since there is more surface area. I have not had an issue with either of those on my set up and I drive my car in the winter in -40C... Not that I would advise on that... but they have held up well. I have about 2 years and 40,000km on my set up with little to no maintenance on the heims or power balls.
89gmcsierra   +1y
hell yeah i cant wait im looking at cce set ups and low life hydro ....so as far as going with a set up i want a competition setup so if i want i can pop my truck up fast and a lil high but what would ideal amount of battery be?
artsar   +1y
As for the amount of batteries... I can't really help with that. I have 36V and its ok. I might switch to 48V and thats just in a car. I also am not a huge fan of my CCE pumps. They are cheap for a reason. If I didn't get them for as cheap as I did, I would have got something else.
89gmcsierra   +1y
yeah there kits seem kinda cheap but idk lowlifes look nice ...thanks for the help
k24 rd6   +1y
I would look into black magic hydraulics or Tre5