Page 1 of 1
Air Ride Suspensions \  uniballs for heidts mustang 2 control arms

uniballs for heidts mustang 2 control arms

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 1839
replies 6
following 3

nvr endn   +1y
does anyone make uniballs for heidts mustang 2 control arms, such as kartek or ballistic or qa1. And does anyone know the size or correct part number for them?thanks

cory
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Dont all the heidts arms take screw in ball joints?

If they do, then nobody makes a screw in uni-ball if thats what your getting at. you could have to cut your arms apart, then drop a uni-ball cup in its place.

Taylor
nvr endn   +1y
thanks for the info taylor, even though its not what i wanted to hear unfortunately. Is there any other alternative ball joint i could use to eliminate the excessive suspension travel these ball joints are going to see. I am on 22's on a bodied colorado so i need a decent amount of lift, without straining the hell out of the ball joints. Its really the grease boot that is taking the brunt of it. It is collapsing quite a bit. i may have to look at a better designed grease boot for these ball joints

thanks

cory
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
M2 ball joints and arms dont get much travel, there's not much of a way around it. They only get around 8"-10" at the most if your really lucky. I know guys that only get 6" of suspension travel out of them.

Aside from cutting your arm apart, there is no other ball joint that will drop into that arm, that will get more travel.

M2 is just a bad design for vehicles that need a lot of travel to untuck large wheels like you do, they seem to be more applicable to vehicles with static drops.

Sorry

Taylor
nvr endn   +1y
well thanks for all the input taylor. It might be back to the drawing board as far as control arms go. Or at least having you design something for me that might work. Do you thing i can use my stock mounting points i already have on the chassis, and build off there. Or should i just just the ends of the control arms off, and put uniballs on them. I get around 10-12" of lift right now the way i have my front end setup, and that is all i need. I have designed the front end to be a bit narrower to allow to turn 75% at a low driving stance.
thanks

cory
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Thats a personal call really. I dont know how far you are into the project. How are you getting 12" of lift up front? is your bag really inboard on the frame?

Really, either method will get you the same result, so i guess whatever one you feel more comfortable with is your best option.

Taylor
nvr endn   +1y
yea the chassis is pretty much done. Its all painted and assembled, so if i decided to change the ends to uniballs, i would have to cut and reweld and repaint them. Not a big deal because i might have to do it anyways if the stock balljoints dont work. I might try finding a better balljoint that the rubber boots actually snap over the ball joint, or a ball joint that has some kind of race or collar that the boot can be secured on with. And yes my bag is inboard, but i dont know how much bump steer and such i will be getting at full lift. As long as the bump steer isnt too bad at ride height with a little suspension travel i will be fine. I will not be rolling with my truck 1/2" off the ground, as the whole chassis is painted, and i dont feel like ruining it just yet. lol
Page 1 of 1