Page 1 of 2
Air Ride Suspensions \  Accuair Manifold and Copper Line... Question

Accuair Manifold and Copper Line... Question

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 3223
replies 11
following 8

artsar   +1y
So I am helping a buddy with his 57 Chevy 3200 and we are putting in an accuair manifold but would like to run copper line. How can we put copper into the accuair manifold? Is it ok to use in the pct? Every set up I have seen uses compression fittings.

Just looking for options to keep it as clean as we can.

Thanks
2LOW4U   +1y
You can get ptc that are made of all metal instead of having plastic on them. That's what is needed, we did the same on a friends but with stainless lines. Mike Alexander at Accuair can tell you exactly which ones you need.
mazberrydelight   +1y
fairviewfittings.com
AVTekk   +1y
Wrong, the accuair manifold has the fittings built in, you cannot do anything to change them, an odd design in my book but it does make the install cleaner.

I think youll be ok with the copper tho, just make sure it is straight when it goes into the block.
artsar   +1y
--------------------------------------------

AVTekk said:

Wrong, the accuair manifold has the fittings built in, you cannot do anything to change them, an odd design in my book but it does make the install cleaner.

I think youll be ok with the copper tho, just make sure it is straight when it goes into the block.

--------------------------------------------

Ok thats what I thought/read with ptc but I thought maybe there was a way to get around it. An adapter of some kind (that looked decent)
tre5   +1y
I have seen copped going right into the ptc fittings on the accuair manifold plenty of times.
2LOW4U   +1y
Maybe this was different bc it was stainless? I want to say it was an adapter that plugged into the ptc built into the manifold but I don't fully remember.
bd94s10   +1y
AA has a couple of pics on their FB page with copper hardline setups: http://www.facebook.com/AccuAir
artsar   +1y
Yea I knew it had been done but I thought maybe something had to be done to prevent leaks. When I was looking into it earlier this week it just kept saying that on ptc copper will leak if not done "perfect". Just wanted to see if anyone who has it installed has tips.
idminitrucker (jason)   +1y
I know they have adapters or changed it because of so many people wanting to do hardlines just hit them up.