Page 1 of 1
Mazda Trucks \  VW engine into Mazda B2000 Info

VW engine into Mazda B2000 Info

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 669
replies 2
following 3

bbc1234   +1y
A friend is looking at putting his 1994 Jetta (Gas) engine into his 1991 Mazda B2000. Is it possible? Does anyone know what I would need or what to ask for when I am searching for parts? He is looking for an an engine to trans adapter kit - But is it that simple. I am researching, just thought I would throw it up here just in case anyone could offer some info.

Thanks for your time.Bruce
dawgpimp   +1y
with enough money anything can be done. even if you could make a tranny adapter, you will need everything from the vw. harness, gauges, brain, etc. i assume it's fuel injected, so you will need the tank and the pump. after all of that, you have an under powered truck. mazda don't have power to start. you are better off with a v6 or v8 with a carb. you can use after market gauges, pump harness, etc. think about this..... have you ever seen a vw engine in a mazda? for someone to produce parts to do it, it has to be profitable. that is why they make tons of shit for s10's. there are alot of people building them. Hasport makes kits for honda swaps because there is alot of people building them. thinking outside the box is good, but it will cost alot if you can't fab up the stuff yourself.

AndrewB22   +1y
Edited: 9/16/2011 11:22:24 AM by AndrewB22

thats why everyone builds s10s cause anyone can bolt on parts.... dont get me wrong ive seen some really nice s10s but imo a build that involves custom fab work is more of a custom mini then a catalog built mini..... as far as putting a vw motor in a mazda, what exactly are you looking at getting out of running the vw motor? is it cause you can get a great deal on it or already have it laying around? do you have the entire car or just a motor? if you plan on bolting up the vw to stock trans you will need to either make one or have an adapter custom made cause your not going to find one. if your looking for an easy swap that you can use the stock drive train. look into a f2 swap from a 626 or if you just want fuel injection you could go with a b2600i, any swap is possible, however your not going to find many swaps that will just bolt in, check out mazdabscene.com theres tons of mazda guys there with many different powerplant swaps.
Page 1 of 1