Page 1 of 3
Build-Ups \  87 Stubburban Build

87 Stubburban Build

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 1449
replies 23
following 9

jaredmxg   +1y
Looking killer so far. what kind of booster are you going with?
jumbo   +1y
dammit, you can't have 2 build threads on the same burb!!! as long as mine's driving before yours, we're cool. If mine takes too long, i hate you, lol.

J/K, dude, i'm loving this build!! Hope to see it at All Star, we can compare :D
tintguy55   +1y
BBT is no longer involved in the build so I started a new thread.
tintguy55   +1y
--------------------------------------------

jaredmXG said:

Looking killer so far. what kind of booster are you going with?

8 inch with a corvette stlye master.
rizz0   +1y
def liked the look of the old motor mounts better, imo they flowed with the build better, what was wrong with them that made them need to be changed???? and was there no way to insert that bung into the side of the frame rail and have the heim joint lower..... no matter what its a bad ass burb and cant wait to see it at relaxed!!!!!!
jumbo   +1y
oops, everything end ok? did they just get done what they needed to and you took over? Hope i didn't rub any salt in open wounds, lol, that was not my intent, i was just jerking your chain.
tintguy55   +1y
Edited: 8/14/2011 9:35:46 AM by tintguy55

rizz0 said:

def liked the look of the old motor mounts better, imo they flowed with the build better, what was wrong with them that made them need to be changed???? and was there no way to insert that bung into the side of the frame rail and have the heim joint lower..... no matter what its a bad ass burb and cant wait to see it at relaxed!!!!!!

The motor mounts were too big to get headers on the engine, and already had groves wore in them. We still had to build a one off set of headers. Steering shaft now has a bracket that matches the motor mounts instead of heim welded to frame. Control arms have been shortened an inch upper and lower. Rear end has been moved forward an inch and 1/2 so it is now centered in wheel well. I now have all driveability problems fixed and new motor and tranny should be in by RA. Hopefully hood will be on at RA and dash should be done.