threads
Page 1 of 1
Air Ride Suspensions \  Anybody with the 07+ GM Ekstensive Kit?

Anybody with the 07+ GM Ekstensive Kit?

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 1303
replies 8
following 7

Bagged09Tahoe   +1y
Long time reader of the forum and finally posting. I've got an 09 Tahoe I bagged last summer and have come to the conclusion it just isnt low enough. Anybody used the Ekstensive kit available on their website to get these trucks to lay out. Pro's? Cons? I don't have the means to fab a kit up myself or the bank that some of you have to have a shop do it for me. I enjoy doing the work myself. I've already got the front fenders cut, tubbed the firewall in preperation of the drop to fit the wheels in front. I currently have 26's, not sure if I'm going to stay with them or maybe go back to a 24. Only thing I'm nervous about doing myself is modifying the rear doors, I may have a shop do that part. Thanks in advance for the info, great website with tons of valuable information.

Link to front kit https://www.ekstensive.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=38_144_48&products_id=212&osCsid=e55f7392eb7a33a6c41c874efb6fd37d

Link to rear kit https://www.ekstensive.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=39_145_51&products_id=53&osCsid=e55f7392eb7a33a6c41c874efb6fd37d
2LOW4U   +1y
You might want to ask over on GMFullSize.com . I know a few people there are running the Ekstensive kit but on trucks. I can tell you that Ekstensive does their research and their products are always very nice. What exactly are you wanting to know about it?
Bagged09Tahoe   +1y
--------------------------------------------

2LOW4U said:

You might want to ask over on GMFullSize.com . I know a few people there are running the Ekstensive kit but on trucks. I can tell you that Ekstensive does their research and their products are always very nice. What exactly are you wanting to know about it?

Basically any of the unmentioned things that come along with installing. Do I need to move the gas tank? Tie rod notch? New crossmembers? I'll check in on GMFS as well. I'm a member on a Tahoe specific site and theres not alot of us with the NNBS Tahoes that are bagged so info is pretty limited.
IMLOWER   +1y
that rear kit wont work on a tahoe thats a truck rear kit they dont sell a kit for the rear sinc eyou have to cut into the cabin area
groundscr8pr   +1y
they have a universal rear kit that will work. you will need 88-98 leaf spring hangers and weld them to the inside of the frame. that means fuel tank relocation. you will need a custom made tank to go where the spare tire is.
tuckinlugs06   +1y
or do the rear like they did oem terror
Ram2nv   +1y
How do you currently have it bagged in the front?
Bagged09Tahoe   +1y

Ram2nv said:

How do you currently have it bagged in the front?

Currently I have the GM kit from AVS on the front. Heres the linkhttp://www.avsontheweb.com/product.php?productid=1311&cat=35&page=1

Any links on some info on OEM terror? I believe I seen it in a recent issue of Truckin but I may be wrong.

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
There is a really good thread on this site about OEM terror. Such a sick truck!

Taylor
Page 1 of 1