Page 1 of 1
Air Ride Suspensions \  1986 c10 body drop

1986 c10 body drop

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 2604
replies 6
following 6

laydout2004   +1y
what would be the best way to aproach a body drop, If i was to not z the front how much body drop would i have to do to acomplish the same thing, and if i do z the front how much body drop would i have to do to lay body not pinch molding
thomasd   +1y
Dont do an angled body drop .. its wrong ...!!!

If you want to lay rocker their is a few way of going about doing this .. First you can z the frame 3" so it will lay flat then cut 2" off the top of the frame under the body and box the frame .. Or you could z the frame and then channle the body so you dont have to mess with the frame ... Or you can cut off the front clip and lay new frame rails under the truck .. But if your fab skills r really up to par cut 2" off the bottom of the frame box it in and then build your self a one off frontend so you dont have to z anything ... The last one is the way i like to build a C-10 =)

post photo
post photo
post photo
tuckinlugs06   +1y
you could also over bodydrop it like i did on my older yota so i didnt have to 7 it but i lost so much room ...but on a fullsize it wouldnt be that bad
maz duh   +1y
Unless your a gnome I think a 7inch body drop is gonna be a tough fit on almost truck. Thomas has the idea, any of the methods he touched on will do ya fine.
slow50   +1y
is that a mustang 2 front end?
thomasd   +1y
No.... its a hand made front end that uses any stock or after market arms and the steering rack is 92 mustang ...
laydout2004   +1y
thanks for the information
Page 1 of 1