threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Trucks \  Tie rod ends to work wirh Toyota spindle?

Tie rod ends to work wirh Toyota spindle?

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 649
replies 9
following 8

lwrlvl   +1y
Got Toyota drop spindles on my Mazda for the five lug conv. and need to make the tie rods shorter or anything else that will make it work so the whell don't bow out. Thanks
n2bnlow   +1y
Will the complete Toyota tie rod work?

:XL:
thomasd   +1y
How much shorter do they need to be ?
trucks&stuff   +1y
drill out the end and use a heim joint from what i hear it works great i plan on doin it with my mazda
lwrlvl   +1y
Edited: 7/12/2011 8:15:05 AM by lwrlvl

I just cut a little off each end of the rod that the inner and outers turn into. And turned them all the way in. No room to get a nut on to keep it from turning. Good enough for now it doesn't drive right now just want to be able to move it around. Thanks might do the heim joint later on before I driveway it.
xgolferdude   +1y
ive been told you can use mazda 4x4 outers...
hunterw   +1y
the mazda outers fit pretty well. i looked into the mazda 4x4 outer...and it had the same part number as the 2wd :? maybe im wrong. i cant remember if the mazda outer is left hand threads...BUt like an 85 yota 2wd truck would work too i think.they are both r.h.t.
jdm customs   +1y
Fit pretty well? I really need to look into this for a exact answer to post. OFF TO THE JUNK YARD. lol
AZ ARTWORX   +1y
easy man do this..... take a piece of 1in by 1 1/2 solid rec bar, cut off about 1 1/2, i have a mill so it makes it easy but you could use a large drill press. drill them all the way through with a 37/64 bit then tap with a 5/8 18..... get some 5/8 heims and bolt them in. then just play with it to find a happy medium. now you will have steering geometry issues.... usually i thread the stock linkage for a female heim and you may need to space it to eliminate bump steer.... you should also drill the whole to delete the taper...
hunterw   +1y
Lol yeah pretty well I never got to actually tightening them down and using the steering lol. I ended up going to.a high misalignment heim joint and drilling the spindle out. I got a 5/8lh thread. Ended up making some connecter rods for no.(just tomove around) but eventually going to get some hex stocl tapped to make some nice solid ones
Page 1 of 1