threads
Page 1 of 1
Hydraulic Suspensions \  Will a golf cart charger work?

Will a golf cart charger work?

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 626
replies 5
following 4

2LOW4U   +1y
I have a 36 volt golf cart charger that I put clamps on the end of instead of a plug. Is this ok for charging my 3 Kinetik 1800's or will it shorten the life of them? I use 3 12 volt chargers right now but this would be easier then disconnecting the batteries every time.

Thanks.
AON-JAMES   +1y
You don't have to undo you're batteries every time, just unplug your ground before you connect the clamps.
2LOW4U   +1y
So if I undo the ground disconnect I can leave the batteries all connected together? I will try that but I still would like to know if the 36 volt charger will be OK for the Kinetiks.
AON-JAMES   +1y
Edited: 6/21/2011 12:00:26 PM by AON-JAMES

Yes you can.

And as far as the golf cart charger goes, you could, but also check the amperage it puts out, because a lot of golf cart/forklift style chargers put out a heavy amount and it could kill your batteries life span. So do some research.
2LOW4U   +1y
OK thanks for the help. The golf cart charger puts out 20 amps max which I think is probably too high. If I don't have to disconnect the batteries now I will just stick with using the chargers I have been using at 2 amps.
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y
It will work. However, AGM batteries will eventually suffer from sulfer buildup internally harming their performance. Kinetik sells chargers that have a 'clean up' mode the has a desulfication process to restore the batteries each time their charged. Food for thought.
Page 1 of 1