Page 1 of 2
Air Ride Suspensions \  Ekstensive 88-98 Cups and Shock Relocator

Ekstensive 88-98 Cups and Shock Relocator

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 1715
replies 14
following 13

vapor5372   +1y
Does anyone have any pictures of how this is done. Particularly how do you run the airline out of the spring perch. I guess you need to drill a hole? Use a 90 on top of bag? Does the shock relocator go behind or in front of the CA? What type of shock? Thanks.
bigblueon22s   +1y
Drill a hole. use a straight fitting. the shock relocator goes towards the cab and ekstensive should be able to sell you a shock for like 20$ each. Those kits are super simple, and the best part is if you get stuck and don't know what to do, call Mitch at ekstensive, he would answer all of your questions. I love that crew over at ekstensive! Haha!
vapor5372   +1y
Do I need to use some type of braided leader hose coming out of the spring perch, or can I just protect it with a rubber grommet?
bigblueon22s   +1y
run copper lines!!!!!! Don't use that...... plastic crap!!!
vapor5372   +1y
I don't mind spending the money to do it right. What size copper? the bags are 1/2 Slam Specialties. You talking about copper line with compression fittings?
bigblueon22s   +1y
1/2" copper lines and yes the copper would work with compression fittings, you should of bought the quick dis-connect fittings from ekstensive, they make servicing your air ride quick and simple.
maztang (ryan)   +1y
When you go to buy the line make sure you get the 1/2" nom 3/8" id, if you get the 1/2" id it will be to big. I believe you want the type L also.
draggincaddy   +1y
Edited: 6/21/2011 10:56:51 AM by fiveinchbodydrop

i would trust DOT approved airline over copper any day.... copper gets very weak as its "work" and moved around...

semi's drive all day long on DOT airline for a reason.
bigblueon22s   +1y
All it takes is a sharp edge or a little bit of heat and BOOM! your stranded cause you chose cheap dot lines
draggincaddy   +1y
same is true for a rubber airbag... prolly shouldnt use those either.