Page 1 of 2
Mazda Trucks \  88 b2200 idle

88 b2200 idle

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 950
replies 10
following 7

suicidemazda   +1y
hey my truck is ideling super high and the idle screw does nothing to help, any suggestions on what could be the cause of this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks, brennan
kaoss   +1y
Edited: 5/17/2011 3:27:40 PM by KAOSS

slap the pedal to the floor with your foot and let off, as about as violently and quickly as you can. If you do this, does it stop?
pmiller   +1y
If that doesn't help. Check all your vaccum lines. Make sure they're all connected where they're suppose to. Also look for cracking in those lines.
Whiplash   +1y
mine would always idle high when I first started it. After a min, I would tap the aclerator and it would idle down.
laynwindows   +1y
my daily driver does that too, 93 b2200. its the automatic choke... on mine anyway. the little piece that catches and holds your throttle higher wont ever release so i just took a zip tie and made sure it never grabs. now it idles and runs like a champ, unless its REALLY cold out, like in the nebraska winters below zero temps then its a little hard to start sometimes. look into that.
suicidemazda   +1y
thanks for the help i will definatly try all of them

thanks agian,
brennan
kaoss   +1y
Mine would keep gaining RPMs the longer it ran. Get a weber 32/36 and forget about it.
suicidemazda   +1y
do u by any chance know if ill be able to pass emissions if i get a weber?
kaoss   +1y
Is there a visual test in Arizona, or only a sniffer? Not sure, you could put the webber on it and modify the factory air cleaner to fit on it, then make it appear like all of the smog stuff is hooked up. The nice thing about a webber is you can loose all of the octopus of wires and hoses.
suicidemazda   +1y
there is both here, and it would be real nice to lose most of the lines