fuel cells and back halfs

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 1047
replies 12
following 12

suicidemazda   +1y
how did some of u mount ur fuel cell on ur balck half, pics would help thanks
kaoss   +1y
Do you have an after market fuel cell, or the stock gas tank?
icebaker   +1y

post photo
post photo
icebaker   +1y

post photo
icebaker   +1y
Here's what I made for my cell. It's a Jegs 20 Gallon aluminum.
onebadkota   +1y
I like the design....but do you plan on running any other supports under the tank? I dont think i would trust just the tabs as a sturdy mount..esp. with fuel in the tank...seems like the weight would end up putting a lot of stress on those and tearing them off...
bigredchevy   +1y
this is how i did mine its a gas tank from a k5 bronco
post photo
unusualfabrication   +1y
--------------------------------------------

KandyDakota said:

I like the design....but do you plan on running any other supports under the tank? I dont think i would trust just the tabs as a sturdy mount..esp. with fuel in the tank...seems like the weight would end up putting a lot of stress on those and tearing them off...

--------------------------------------------

Funny you mention that because it just happened to a friend of mine a few weeks ago. The tabs ripped off the side of his fuel cell and it fell out of the bottom of the truck and drug on the ground, luckily he was pulling in the parking lot at his place of employment! I have also heard of this same thing happening to other people. Whatever you end up doing make sure to support the bottom of the fuel cell if it only came with those four tabs. I built an X out of square tube that mine sits on top of.
kaoss   +1y
My buddie broke 3 out of the 4 tabs off of his.
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
Edited: 4/28/2011 4:34:15 PM by h2o melon

I went a little overboard on my 88 lolThis was my 92 not quite as beefy
post photo
post photo