Page 1 of 22
Build-Ups \  MMW Crew Cab C10 Project

MMW Crew Cab C10 Project

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 9030
replies 219
following 94

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
Hey guys, I sold my ram a month or so ago and wanted to find something new to work on. Found a chevy in texas i liked so i had it shipped up here a few weeks ago.

This is just going to be another mild build, as daily driver/weekend toy hauler. Im going to use it to haul around my other C10 project im starting on this summer.

Anyways, quick run down on it

Going to lay full frame on a 305-35-24 , purchased the 24" centerline rotary wheels a couple weeks ago, just kinda waiting for them to show up....waiting. Going to have a full kicker audio system, with an ipad in the dash to control all the sounds. clean and simple interior, with leather power buckets from a CTX, and a rear bench. The previous owner did an LS swap on the truck, and was tuned by Nelson performance in texas. It has a Vortec 5.3 in it.

Other than that, its just going to be simple and clean. Parallel link setup with a watts, bag behind axle. Accuair setup, with some viar compressors backing up a sanden EDC.

Kinda just want to whip this one out so it can get painted and I can start on the other C10 that will be a bit more involved.

The day i got it:

What im building:

Gutted it friday night, stripped of every thing that needed to come off

Rear frame rails prepared for the notch. trimmed to 3" wide on top and bottom, so the notch will the tight and clean fitting. Dont mind the ext cord and rear end lol, i was trying to sweep around everything to clean it all up so i can weld the notch in tonite.

Starting the notch, going to lay frame on a 33" tall tire. Dont want the notch any bigger than it needs to be at all! So, measure 40 or so times, then cut it all once. Got it all cut out on the water jet and lined it up. The bars are there to help keep it straight, as well as keep it in line. Have not decided if im going to use them in the final design or not.

Set the notch up with all fillet welds, and all .250 plate:

Then you weld. Its about a 2 hour procedure from start to finish to get the entire top welded up. You have to let the metal cool after some of the longer beads or your frame will turn into bananna, there is a lot of heat and pressure there. The longest bead you should run on something like this is about 8" total. I personally like to alternate sides after each weld that way it distributes the heat a bit better.

Im gonna come back out after dinner and cut the frame, then cap in the bottom of the frame.

enjoy.

center cut out, inside plated and fully welded.

Some accuair gear showed up, as well as my electric compressors that will back up my EDC, so i started to make a mount for them on the lower part of my frame on the passinger side.

That brings me to today, monday morning. After a long day in the shop working on other peoples orders, i will crank a bit on mine. I will post pics!

draggincaddy   +1y
nice project man! gunna look awesome
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
thanks chris, Im pretty excited for it really, going to be a fun truck.

Taylor
Ray_Ray   +1y
Very nice Taylor. Looks great so far. Can't wait to see the finished product.
tre5   +1y
Looks like you got a good start with a cool truck in a crew cab version with the motor swap already done, I am jealous. I can't wait to see it done.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
yea, the motor swap is what sold me on it really, besides the fact that it was crew cab and short bed....and clean... To be honest, my level of knowladge when it comes to doing motor work myself is extremely low, i just never really learned anything about them, or these kind of swaps. So, to find a truck that had the swap that i wanted all ready done was a huge selling point to me, because i probably could never pull it off in a timley manner. I really wanted an older looking truck with some modern features... it has all power locks and windows and power seats as well.

I have a buddy that is going to do some performance goodies on the motor for me in exchange for some metal work, so that works out great for me.

ill have some pics tonite for updates.

Taylor
xgolferdude   +1y
thatll be super sweet.... cant wait to see it come together.. I love that painted wall in the shop too!!!
cookiemonster13   +1y
really diggin this taylor! the motor swap is a huge selling point!
retro dime   +1y
Lookin awesome so far!
Reyna_Bros   +1y
Hell yeah, now this project I can get into!! Can't wait to see them control arms!!!!!;)