threads
Page 1 of 3
Hydraulic Suspensions \  How often do you charge your batteries?

How often do you charge your batteries?

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 3450
replies 23
following 20

2LOW4U   +1y
I just bought a Hydroholics setup for my Magnum. I am going to run 36V. How often do you charger your batteries usually? Does anyone have experience with the Street Charger?

Thanks
unusualfabrication   +1y
I had a 24V streetcharger on one of my cars and it was the greatest thing ever! After I got it I never had to charge my batteries.
Bentlay   +1y
i had a street charger on my first juiced ride, and to me it never felt like the batteries were 'fully' charged... it always felt like they were a little slow. on the civic, i just got 2 battery chargers/tenders from walmart for $20 each. And i always just plugged it in Saturday night(after a full week of driving) and let it charge over night... i know some people that only charge once every 3-4 weeks. all depends on how switch happy you are.
2LOW4U   +1y
Ya I have heard some people say they don't like the street charger. Can you give me more info on the chargers you bought at wal mart?
devilx   +1y
i ran a 48 volt system and it was a pain in the ass to charge all those batteries. never again
artsar   +1y
I rewire my batteries from 36V back to 12V and charge them that way. I put one cheap charger on them and let it go. I found that I was charging them once every 2 weeks or so, but I have cheap batteries and I tend to play with the car.

Also I find my rewiring them it allows you to use the car if need be. I remember a few nights where the car would be in "charge" mode and I would get a call and needed to leave ASAP, with it wired to just lower voltage atleast I can get the car up and drive rather than have to wire the batteries back in before I leave.
LAID TL   +1y
I'm running 36 volt Daily.... and I charge my Kinetiks every 6 weeks ..... I have 10000 miles on my set up sence July 2010 and Ive charged them 8 times ..... and Im a switch happy MOFO....... just sayin
h8rstyle   +1y
Edited: 2/5/2011 12:15:36 AM by h8rstyle

mine's not a daily driver or anything, but I'm running 60 Volts using your everyday 12 Volt industrial battery and I charge them once a month using something simple like what Cody is using from WAL*MART. Im not super switch happy but I get down with it :TUP: Good Luck with the setup!
jetts   +1y
haha cody the five hundred was charged and badass when i had it before you... hadar the legend i charged about every 3 weeks when i didnt get crazy