Page 1 of 1
Mazda Trucks \  13b engine problems...

13b engine problems...

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 1214
replies 7
following 6

simple-pleasurez   +1y
i had no idea where to put this but i know people put 13b mazda engines in trucks... so hopefully someone can help.

long story short i was given a 91 mazda rx7. wont start. i tried deflooding it and still wont start. has spark, has fuel pressure to fuel rail. injectors dont seem to be ticking. injector relay clicks. pulled fuel rail, fuel didnt spray from injector. any idea what it could be? it was owned by an old man so i am guessing he didnt over rev it and blow the apex seals.

i checked to see if the injectors worked by just wiring them up and they open no prob.
low_blazer   +1y
I'd shoot for the injector relay first. If the relay is shot, even though it clicks, it may not be getting enough juice to the injectors to open them under pressure. Considering the injectors work when you jump them...that would be my first guess. Outside of that, Small blocks fit pretty well under the hood of an Rx7 :)
BK2LIFE   +1y
have you sprayed carb cleaner in the intake to see if its will run at all?

simple-pleasurez   +1y
yeah i sprayed and if i pulsed spray in the throttle body it will kinda run. run shitty but run. i will look into a injector relay. i just didnt want to throw alot of money towards the car since i dont know whats wrong.
pmiller   +1y
I'm not familiar with the electronics on this engine. I know some Hondas have an injector resistor module. You may have one of these too. I'm not sure Just throwing the idea out there. Checking the relay is a good first step. Does this engine have a mass air fuel meter? You may wanna look there too if it has one. Should be in between the air filter and intake manifold, part of the intake tube.
low_blazer   +1y
No resistor if memory serves. I just remembered it could also not be getting the pulse signal from the distributor. If memory serves, there is a pick up module under the distributor that sends pulse to the injectors. So if that's shot, it's not going to send any signal to open the injectors....
simple-pleasurez   +1y
it was the injector relay. i got me a 91 mazda rx7 convert for 6$ :)
low_blazer   +1y
Bad ass...those are the best kind of car...free..lol. Well, $6...

Now sell it..lol. If it's got any miles on it, it will be nothing but headaches from here on out..
Page 1 of 1