Page 1 of 3
Build-Ups \  cable's toyota

cable's toyota

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 1076
replies 22
following 14

cable   +1y
been on here for a long time but don't post a whole lot,thought I'd whore out my truck on here too,lol!here's my 91 standard cab,had this poor thing about 15 years,and been working on it on and off the last 12ish,life,money and time have kept getting in the way,it's had 3 different motors,been body dropped twice,and working on it's 3rd 4 link,anyhow,here goes...I had it bagged&4 linked back 10+years ago,on some eagle 17's,a phantom grille and some 4x4 fenders,lol.

drove it around about a year or so then had it bodied 2in.to the pinch and sprayed flat black

but....wasn't low enough,so cut it another 1.5in. to flat rocker,shaved almost everything,and got in primer

put it together and took it to scr8pfest in '06

I ended up with that tacoma parked beside me after he tore it down and got burnt out...

then I decided to re-do everything...

acquired some 18in.intro twisted vista's

350 small block bored .60 over

started to suicide the pass. side door

had been driving big trucks about 3 years at this point and had to sell the house,so the truck was put in storage for about a year or so,got the new garage widened and bigger doors,so threw the cab and bed on top of the frame and brought it to the new lean-to shack I call a garage

I ended up getting a 98 chevy crew cab dually project I was ready to get started on,so sold all my 350 stuff so I could finish the toyota quicker,as I had the lil 22re in the corner rebuilt & painted ready to go.I don't have the mounts ether cajun taco(ryan) bought them a long time ago,lol.

got it half ass bolted back together then tubed the firewall

then decided to re-do the garage to make it suitable for painting,so it sat for a long damn time once again...

finally got the stupid garage half ass thrown together,looks a lot worse in person...

got the truck finally back inside,plan was to just re-do all the air-ride,finish the suicide doors,put the 22re back in it,paint it and interior

14 gallon spun aluminum fuel tank,walbro inline fuel pump,1/2in asco nikel plated valves,8.5 gallon aluminum air tank.al's bed liner

finished the pass. side door hinges and door pockets

but it hit the cab,so cut them and moved them out some more

didn't like the way they fit and wasn't about to do the other side,so cut it all back out stock

22re ready to go back in

was about a week away from throwing the 22re back in and was hanging out at my brother in law's garage,and my buddy with a mighty max with a 350 small block was doing burn outs and got me wishing I had kept my v8 swap.next thing I know we're standing at the back of the shop looking at this ford 5.0l 302 with a c6 tranny.lol

then that led to this...

trans mount

tried to get it slapped together for scr8pfest 2010,

here it is thursday evening before the show...

friday evening about 24 hours later,lol

holley lo-rider avenger 670cfm carb,parker racing funnel web intake manifold,tuff stuff 100amp alternator,march performance alt.brackets,edelbrock water pump,finned valve covers and a polished scoop

but didn't make it to scr8pfest till sunday about an hour before awards,had trailer issues.but it made it,lolso waited 2 weeks and took it to the drop em wear show in winston salem,nc

got a ford 9in rear with a 2:75 gear ratio,this truck won't be drag raced,that gear is for interstate speed,cause I plan to drive it everywhere next year show season,maybe even wcn.good thing about the 9in.is I can change out the whole 3rd member for a lower gear if the2:75 is too high.

waiting on axle's and disc brakes from moser engineering,then new 2x3 back half,new ALL FORWARD 2x2 4 link,gonna throw the spun gas tank on the taco and go with a fuel cell instead,hopefully a set of air flow research 185cc heads,matched cam,150 shot of nitrous,should put it somewhere around 450hp before the bottle.still got a whole lot of little things to fix,hope to have out for show season next year.
1lonisn   +1y
I just looked over this on Yotascene, nothing like a body dropped toyota on Intro Twised Vistas. haha. Cant wait to see it all completed, definitely a nice truck.
cajuntaco   +1y
Looks Good!! Thanks for the mounts also, I appreciate it. Hopefully I can hook up with ya at a show in the near future do some cruising. Good choice on the highway gears. I got 4.30's in mine with the 5 speed and I was at 3500 at 60mph. I want to swap out to some 2.xx's or 3.07's to get me some better mpg.

-Ryan
rodandtruckdesign   +1y
hey jason, truck is lookin sweet. need to hollar at me so we can sit around and drink some beer....i wanna tear into the 'burban this winter...later man
scr8pnyota   +1y
sick build yota is freaking awesome. motor is shiney gotta love shiney stuff. keep up the work cant wait to see more
cable   +1y
thanks everyone! ryan and bill hit me up fo sho!!lol. well,axles and disc brakes are here :D

post photo
cable   +1y
axle done,4 link done,working on the steering & got the backhalf cut.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
automatik23   +1y
fuckin sick build, ive been considering to do some engine mods/ parts like yours on my 351 for my ranger...is there any way you could email me some more pics of how you adapted the ford engine mounts to the toyota frame? i have a toyota clip on my ranger.
cable   +1y
thanks bro!-email sent.
kaoss   +1y
I was so happy to see the reverse 4 link go! Looking through it I couldn't help but admire the amount going in, all ruined by that reverse 4 link.

Keep up the good work!