Page 1 of 1
Build-Ups \  HOW TO USE FACTORY LOWER ARMS TO LAY 22S ETC

HOW TO USE FACTORY LOWER ARMS TO LAY 22S ETC

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 2225
replies 9
following 9

laydout22s   +1y
HOW TO USE FACTORY LOWER ARMS TO LAY 22S AND 3/4 TON UPPERS OBS CHEVY FULLSIZE 265/35r22

""""THIS WILL WORK WITH ANY TRUCK THAT USES AN A-ARM""""

"be sure to cycle your suspension to find out were it will hit b4 u cut anything out"obviously a best start is to dis-assemble the ball joints from spindle.remove bag and cups.then if your facing the a-arm on the lower part of frame left side were arm hits take out 2 inchs high and 1inch back.of lower part of frame and then obviously rebrace it back in with some steel."internal gusset frame" which is not neccasary but is well worth the time if done.notch lower right side were arm bolts up about an inch is needed to be takin out. but depends on what size rim if its 22s or 24s it will work. notch according to rim size.ALSO WILL NEED TO NOTCH FOR TIE RODS. thats all you as everyone does things different.then re-install all above items and cycle with airbag installed.

also i do know you can de hump arms but i like to attempt my own designs to help others out in the future.

Grant Kustoms   +1y
Its great that you are posting this for people and most late model American cars and trucks made by GM will be the same process but I dont thing many other trucks are going to be vary many of the same steps. In my opinion you should leave the "any trucks with a-arms" claim out. Also you should say if you used drop spindles or not
laydout22s   +1y
good call and yes there is drop spindles involved....
CrashDTE   +1y
It is cool that your doing this but you may want to shorten those stock a-arms to. That way you can turn while driving low.

CrashDTE   +1y
you also may want to shorten those a-arms so you can turn while driving low.

post photo
tcknrll   +1y
How much should stock control a arms be cut down to, for 22 and where should they be cut? pictures will be great if they could be posted
tre5   +1y
Edited: 11/25/2010 12:35:57 PM by tre5

Or you could buy some control arms that will lay out on a 31" tall tire WITHOUT cutting the frame for the arms and will allow you to turn while driving low...
post photo
tcknrll   +1y
nice control arms how much would a set of those run, probally want to get them for a christmas present for me!
CrashDTE   +1y
whats the cost on those a-arms TRE5
tre5   +1y
$950 shipped anywhere in the U.S. Comes with an insert for the lower ball joint taper, the upper taper on the spindle needs to be drilled for the new 5/8" bolt through the uniball.
Page 1 of 1