threads
Page 3 of 3
Wheel Questions \  Will Black wheels be the new Lambo doors?

Will Black wheels be the new Lambo doors?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 2636
replies 28
following 24

pdolgner   +1y
What got me thinking about this was going to SEMA. It seams like every new rig there had flat black wheels, maybe there wasn't that many I just really noticed them?
Mulligan   +1y
Im one of those sema trucks with matte black wheels lol. Ive never been a fan of chrome, I liked polished or other alternative finishes that fit the theme of the truck. We did flat accents in the paint/etc so a flat black wheel made sense and it didnt take away from the subtly of the paint scheme either. It adds a more aggresive race style to it and I like that the lip blends into the tire.ps I wear white socks

pdolgner   +1y
Edited: 11/16/2010 3:01:45 PM by pdolgner

Jason, agreed. Your truck and wheels match, and look totally hot. I was thinking more about the droves of Lambos and Benz's with flat Giovanna's or whatever they were....

I have been thinking about these Lexanit CS-2's and cant decide to rock black or chrome or a combo..

pdolgner   +1y
Which ones do you guys think?

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
lucky_brew   +1y
man if youre gonna buy lexanis just go ahead and get the real deal and buy some HRE wheels!
http://www.hrewheels.com/
still_2_hi   +1y
I think black wheels make them look smaller. My buddy has a first gen s10 bodied on 22's and everyone thinks they are 20's. If they were chrome they would look huge on the truck. Also i think black wheels can be pulled off on certain colours. But a green like the OP, which is similar to my truck, black wheels dont look good. IMO I had a set on my truck for a few minutes that we put on just for fun and it didnt look good at all.
simple-pleasurez   +1y
why not just run what you like. are you building your truck for me or for you? if you wanna run lambos run lambos. if you wanna pull your doors off and go jeep style do it. build it for you. fuck the haters.
THE_CRUCK   +1y
If it were mine I would do the black face with the green painted to match lip. Would have to be a gloss black though, no flat black.
jumbo   +1y
i don't give a rat's ass. My wheels will be black because that's the look i fell in love with when the dude did my rendering. Like lucky said, do what you want to do. I'm sure lucky will be pumped if you use the dimple die a lot and put in an old school dash :D