threads
Page 1 of 3
Wheel Questions \  Will Black wheels be the new Lambo doors?

Will Black wheels be the new Lambo doors?

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 2627
replies 28
following 24

pdolgner   +1y
I have a question for all. I recently fell in love with a set of Lexani CS-2's, All black. I am wondering though if running black wheels is getting so whorish that soon it will be like the ill fated lambo doors? Opinions, questions, comments concerns?
low99maz   +1y
If they r guess ill be a statistic......
64caddy   +1y
we were discussing that ur truck needed black wheels and smoked out lights at the Last Call grand opening!! so i guess my opinion is that black is the new chrome cuz chrome dont get u home
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
I dont think so. I think black wheels is a accent type thing. Its a good look for some people, and not for others.

If every civic and cavilear on the road starts bolting up black wheels like there lambo doors.... then there may be a problem.

Taylor
spider97   +1y
--------------------------------------------

Chopped Mazda said:

I dont think so. I think black wheels is a accent type thing. Its a good look for some people, and not for others.

If every civic and cavilear on the road starts bolting up black wheels like there lambo doors.... then there may be a problem.

Taylor

--------------------------------------------

i agree black wheels look good on cars/trucks that have black in their paint or interior or something that flows. if you have a blue truck with black wheels just looks like you cant afford chrome or billet just my opinion
bagdb2200   +1y
Black wheels will never be the next "lambo doors" because a lot of cars/trucks actually look good with black wheels. Only Lamborghinis look good with lambo doors.
pdolgner   +1y
What started me thinking about this is during the weekend I noticed every lifted truck I saw had black wheels. I have been thinking about powdercoeating mine for a while but I also might get a new set that are black or two tone. Just wondering
kaoss   +1y
I like polished.
Rob Clayhill   +1y
i feel the same way you do paul, more and more cars and trucks running the black wheels jumping on the band wagon.
Personally i like polished or shiny wheels. pretty obvious if you looked at my profile
astromanwes   +1y
Here's my 2 cents...Black wheels look good on alot of things, but you are right about lifted trucks. Almost every new wheel you can get for a lifted truck is black or black/silver. They are getting old on all of those trucks around here, but I still think they look good on certain things.

I have a '08 Tacoma PreRunner and I was going to powder my 20's black but everyone around here has black so I had my powder man mix me up several different shades of gunmetal grey. He mixed black and silver in different ratios and shot 10 different panels for me to choose from. SO...anyway...lol...Now I have a completely one-off color that I can use to two-tone my truck with later too...