Page 1 of 2
Mazda Trucks \  2 link help

2 link help

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 2142
replies 12
following 10

lilbuddha   +1y
yes yes i know 2 links have had their time and its gone, but guess what its cheap and i bought a mazda b2200 for 300$ and gonna bag it for next spring so i dont rush on my c10so please if you hate on me for wanting to 2 link but this is a super budget build
white trash renegade   +1y
Just build a 4 link.
KickAZZkustomz   +1y
nothing wrong with doin a 2 link. what's your question or concern?
Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
get yourself weldable 2 link ends and prolly 6' of 2"x2" 1/4 wall. measure your stock leafs from the front/center bolt hole in the hanger to the end of the leaf perch hanger thats on the axle, theres your lenth. now subtract the lenth that the link end is (1 1/4" or 1 1/2", depends on brand and size of link end) and weld the link end to the new link bar. drill the hole where you would find the "pin" in the other end of the link bar (that holds the axle to the stock leaf spring) and install a bolt in this hole. (this, along with new u-bolts, will secure the link bar to the axle so it wont twist or rotate. now grab some 1" or so round bar (or square tube if you want to keep the square look) and get 2 heim joints to make your panhard bar. this should be as long as possible to keep the axle-pull to a minimun. weld a bolt (or equal looking fastening device) to one side of the frame and the other should be welded to the axle, then slide the heim joints (now welded to the new panhard bar) over these, install lock washers and nutts and you should be set. a cheap-yet-functional link set up
lilbuddha   +1y
i was wondering what people were using for tubing for the links, im gonna buy link ends from suicidedoors,
i got some extra 5/8 heim joints from a old hot rod build i did,
and honestly yeah id build a 4link but guess what its a 300$ truck and this is a super budget build but still dont wanna have it unsafe,
also my 81 mazda was 2 linked and i never had one issue daily driving it
even to save on paint im just gonna paint this truck in a base with no clear (always wanted to do it i think it looks amazing paint in the booth just before throwing clear on)

anyways thank you very much
Cyrus   +1y
I don't know how Mazdas are set up, but here is a two link set up that Silver Star Customs runs alot, the picture in blue paint. I built mine based off this model, except I ran my bags on the inside of the frame. I used the stock leaf spring pearches near the cab for the pivot point. The system uses no panhard bar, so don't expect any articulation from your axle, I mean any. I used lift blocks and the original four bolt plates to bolt mine to the axles. Its more like a one link, but cheap and not a whole lot of brains needed to do. Probably wouldn't want for a daily driver though, which mine was never intended to be. Mine is the one in black and the the only picture I have at the moment.
post photo
post photo
kaoss   +1y
aren't the stock leaf hangers are lower than the frame on mazdas?

Also, the great RussD once said that the mazda frame is too low for a panhard bar, so it seems like linking the bars together like the above picture would be better.
lilbuddha   +1y
my 81 wasnt, a guy locally here in alberta was two linked and layed frame
i gotta buy some more jack stands then ill be stripping this one completly down
i dont even really wanna look at it to hard till i get all my tools organized then i wont get tired of it or regret buying it haha
maz duh   +1y
Why not just do a mono leaf/step notch/airshock combo on the rear if budget is your concern? By far not the best setup in the world but you will at least get some axle articulation out of it and your pinion angle will be a little better than a 2 link will offer. It will be less work and cheaper for you too.
bumlove_blue   +1y
I have a 2link like silver starts too, mounted bags on out side and tied the 2 sides together with box tubing instead of plate steel...only problem is you have 0 side to side so it does do 3 wheels on the rear....and the pinion angle is ok in certain areas...