threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Trucks \  Help! B2200 engine dying problem .?

Help! B2200 engine dying problem .?

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 4982
replies 7
following 7

sponge splawn   +1y
Edited: 11/7/2010 2:49:22 AM by isuzusponge

Hey everyone. Looking for some help. My girlfriends 1989 B2200 is running perfect, no signs of any problems, then it just dies, almost like it just stops getting fuel. The first couple times it did it when it was driving down the freeway, but now it only does it when you come to a stop at a light or stopsign. Once it dies, it takes many attempts to restart it till it'll go again, and you have to Rev it really high for a few seconds till it'll idle on it's own again. It will work fine for a few days, somtimes weeks, then it happens all over again. Already put in a new fuel filter. Any ideas? Thanks, Sponge and Lissa.
trucks&stuff   +1y
check your vacuum lines, and your fuel filter thats where i would start
slmmdd97   +1y
have you checked the fuel pump, you may have clogs at the pump itself
bumlove_blue   +1y
Yeah check your fuel pump strainer...does it hesitate before it dies...sort of bogs down? Happened to me was the fuel pump strainer full of rust...if you still have your old filter blow it out backwards and see if rust chips come out.
sponge splawn   +1y
Like I said, I already put in a new filter. I figured I'd start with the easiest first. No one has said carburetor. It doesn't bog down, it stops instantly. I'm gonna pull the pump out next. :SP:
driptruck   +1y
Mine did the same thing for quite a while cause I ignored it. I replaced the pump and its been great since. Pump is easy, just below the carb. It only took a few minutes to change, its cheap and a good place to start even if doesn't fix the problem but I bet it does.
rolnlowdotcom   +1y
If it just shuts down(like shuting the key off) You probly have an ignition problem like a pickup in the distrabuter or a bad ground at the dist base clean good and make sure the bolt is tight, when it happens do you have spark? fuel? if it doesent have a weber sounds like a good time to get one If you need trouble shooting help hit me up lm.young@yahoo
warpedrenderings   +1y
pull out your ignition switch in the column and check it mine did the same thing it died a few times when i was driving and then it would do it when i would stop. the ignition switch plastic was cracked so it would only get a good conection some times, after i replaced it it stopped doing it.
Page 1 of 1