Page 1 of 2
Dodge Trucks \  hid problem

hid problem

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 2366
replies 12
following 11

bodydropped   +1y
i installed a halo headlight setup with hids in a 07 dodge ram, while the truck is parked the hids will stay on and no give us a problem, but when you drive it down the road they will flicker and go off and not come back on. if you stop and turn them off and back on they will come back on and stay on till you start driving it again. is there a way to fix this problem? ive heard to use a relay harness and ive also heard to use a anti flicker system.
dylang98   +1y
not trying to be a smartass by any means, but it sounds like a bad connection bro... mine did the same thing and STILL flicker right when i turn them on.

post photo
dylang98   +1y
not trying to be a smartass by any means, but it sounds like a bad connection bro... mine did the same thing and STILL flicker right when i turn them on.

dylang98   +1y

h2omelon(nick)   +1y
You must use resistors to simulate the same load a regular bulb does. The truck is not recognizing that there are headlights in the truck.
tukn22   +1y
nick is wrong he is thinking of LED bulbs.
i had the same problem and figured out it was my daytime running lights fucking up my hid's
do a search for hid and day time running lights and all your problems will most likely be solved
waynehammer   +1y
my buddys magnum did it as well. we put resistors in and no more flickering!this was with HID's not LED's
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
--------------------------------------------

tukn22inch said:

nick is wrong he is thinking of LED bulbs.i had the same problem and figured out it was my daytime running lights fucking up my hid's do a search for hid and day time running lights and all your problems will most likely be solved

I am not wrong. I have had to put resistors in all 3 of my Rams when I put HID's in them.
post photo
tukn22   +1y

h2o melon said:

tukn22inch said:

nick is wrong he is thinking of LED bulbs.i had the same problem and figured out it was my daytime running lights fucking up my hid's do a search for hid and day time running lights and all your problems will most likely be solved

I am not wrong. I have had to put resistors in all 3 of my Rams when I put HID's in them.

word, just never heard of that and i have had hids in everyone of my rides for years and 2 girlfriends rides.i have run into the day time running light thing 2 times out of 15 or 20. never a resistor, just saying...your probably right
post photo
JayMack75   +1y
Yep, he's not wrong. I'm having the same issue with mine. My thing is that they will stay on if the high beams are on, but low beam = not happenin'

SO where do I get resistors for it so I can keep my low beams on at night? lol