threads
Page 1 of 2
American Cars \  killin' it kustoms 1989 caprice build.

killin' it kustoms 1989 caprice build.

American Cars General Discussions
views 1946
replies 19
following 14

josh   +1y
well i asked a few questions on here about how to get it to lay. didnt get many answers and noticed not a whole lot are actually laying. so i looked at it quite a bit. came up with a few tricks and put them to action. this car is on 255/30/22's. has 95% stock rear seating. on to pics.

how it came in. pretty much untouched minus the 22's

found out there are no dropspindles out for this car so instead of pushing the geometry way past its designed point i went ahead and z'd it 2"s. this also gained my clearence for the oilpan and trannypan.

didnt get pictures of plating it back up. but its plated on all 4 sides with 1/4 plate, and plug welded as well. the frame horns the exact same.

the front at full droop.

tie rods had to be notched as well.

airlift dominator 2b6's in the front on s10 bolt in front cups from sd.

spring pockets were eybrowed, cut all the may back to the motor x-member and then welded back up and grinded down smooth.

add'd trailer fenders inside, notched the blower box and kept stock ac and heat intact.

now the rear was a little harder. i completly built a frame from under the back seats to the behine the axel. the frame is built out of 2x3x.250 all migd and fishplated and plug welded. all round tube is 1.5x.250 dom.

i went ahead and utalized the mounts on the diff for the upper bars. the uppers are 1.5x.250 dom. they were bent to stay under the seat.

lowers are 2x2x.250 they are made to stay under the seats as well. where they are cut the were fishplated and plug welded.

the 4 link ic stays under the front seats. not ideal but about as good as it gets for this car in this situation. it doesnt react bad. just doesnt have the ideal squat when getting on it. pinnon change is about 3 degrees at full bump. so at 3 degrees down at full droop to 6 degrees down at full bump.

from that picture to the completed pictures i completly forgot to take pictures. but the rear we did a bag on the bar setup with airlift dominator 2b6's. bag plates made from 1/4 plate and gussets out of the same. the floor was put back in, new driveline tunnel, trailer fenders all the way against the rear deck. sheetmetal notch cover. everything seamsealed nice and tight. carpet went back in pretty much. back lower seat the foam from the middle had to be taken out for the driveline tunnel. thats was the only mod to the seats. basically stock but layed the back just a hair further back to have that recliner feeling.

completed pictures!!!laying frame front to back

back seats, material in the middle is before we add'd a little bit of foam.

air managment is 8 gallon tank, 2 az obd2 comps, 8 smc 1/2" valves, all dot pushlock fittings and dot 1/2 line. all brass fittings. switch box is a 9 rocker switch avs billiet unit. wiring is all saulderd and shrink wrapped. all stinger electical conections. stinger pro series 4 gauge cable.

hope everyone enjoys. it was a fun project.

josh

purpl7duece   +1y
Looks bad ass!! Great work
tacomaon24s   +1y
man how funny never seen one of these done and i am starting one of these also this month. loooks badass i will post pics of the one im doing soon as i start it. good job
msturg   +1y
looks like a quality build. Look forward to seeing more in the future.
josh   +1y
thanks for the good words. makes me want one now. but bodyd. it may come back during spring to get bodyd. hes unsure yet.

josh
ga,mazduh   +1y
man that is 1 sic ass car thats the kind of donk i want!!!! how does it ride? did u run shocks front and rear? u do sum badass work now we need sum rolln pix!!
smctoy   +1y
sic build!
dragn4door   +1y
Looks sweet! Nice job.
bigryan   +1y
That Thing looks bitchin Josh, did a Hell of a job on it!!
phat phabrikationz   +1y
Hell of a job Josh!