Mazda Trucks \  BD'in a mazda on 20x8.5's

BD'in a mazda on 20x8.5's

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 1271
replies 11
following 9

Rob Clayhill   +1y
Edited: 9/18/2010 12:45:31 PM by LowLyfe83

my brothers got an 89 mazda b2200 that we are starting a full build-up (layed out and body dropped to the rockers) with BAD Havoc 20x8.5's with 7" backspacing and 245/30's with an O.D of 25.8"

His stock brake booster is shot and needing to be replaced, so thinking ahead were trying to figure out if we will need to run a smaller booster in order to clear the wheels when layed out.

Any info would be huge, were tryin to get this truck Rollin!
tre5   +1y
245/30 is pretty big for a little Mazda. Mine black one had 225/30. It would have a hard time getting out of it's own shadow. You can look though my build pics on www.tre5customs.com and see how close that tire was to the booster. I did nothing to it, but I don't remember how close it was. It was body dropped 2.5" and laid rocker.
Rob Clayhill   +1y
from the looks of it, on a mazda the wheels dont even come close to becoming an issue, unless im not seeing somthing?

About the 245/30's he wanted a little more sidewall protection so he went with em. His motors got a fresh rebuild, bored over, larger cam, weber carb, headers etc. so it should make up for the big meats.
tre5   +1y
Edited: 9/18/2010 9:51:25 AM by tre5

Those tires are going to balloon over the wheel on a 7.5" also.
Rob Clayhill   +1y
Oh shit, my bad. his wheels are 8.5's lol

i was reading through other post's just before i made this thread about 20x7.5's on mazdas.
THE_CRUCK   +1y
245/30 will fit under the stock hood. Will just need to do more cutting than if you were to run a 225/30.
maz2low   +1y
My mazda has 245-35-20 on it and laying rockers flat. So 30s will have no issues besides the normal tubbing and booster change. Obviously suspension mods aswell.
Rob Clayhill   +1y
Maz2low
thats what im asking about. which booster should we swap it with?
maz2low   +1y
--------------------------------------------

LowLyfe83 said:

Maz2lowthats what im asking about. which booster should we swap it with?

--------------------------------------------

A GEO METRO booster from 90's will bolt right in, but is alot smaller. You will need to lengthen the threads on rear part if I remember correctly.
xgolferdude   +1y
not to thread jack and bring one back from the dead.. but you can you run a 20x8.5 with 6.25 inches of backspacing on the rear if you run a stock mazda rear end? thanks