threads
Page 1 of 1
Hydraulic Suspensions \  Can't lock up my hydraulics?

Can't lock up my hydraulics?

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 569
replies 7
following 7

tcknrll   +1y
yesterday i charge my batt. for 12 hrs. this morning i could dump my truck, but it won't go up i just hear a click when i hit the switch to bring it up. any help will be great

Marcos_65   +1y
Did it work before 
tre5   +1y

One of your solenoids may be bad. If it was working before, it is probably just a coinsidence. Either that or there is a disconnected wire... either the wire coming from the switch going across the solenoids (obviously one of them is on or else you wouldn't hear the clicking) or the power wire from the solenoids to the pump.   Get yourself a test light and start tracing power from the pump. Have a buddy hit the switch for you while you test it. 
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y

Sounds to me like one of the batteries has a dead cell. 
tcknrll   +1y

Thanxs for the help, it going up now but very slow, im running 3 truck batt. from optima. will it be a good idea to swap them for new ones
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

Try eliminating one battery out of the equation at a time.  If it's a dead cell, it'll lift fine (just a little slower) once that battery is removed.
christianity   +1y

i know its not the smartest idea.. but when i got stuck down from a solenoid going (garbage solenoid blocks) , i could arc the pump head to a battery with a thick gauge audio cable and get it up. that is if you HAD to get it up. it would also prove if it was the solenoid being the problem.  
AZ ARTWORX   +1y
Edited: 9/1/2010 8:21:04 PM by AZ ARTWORX

when u got done charging you batteries did it smell or were they really hot. if u do have a dead cell two things u could do.(somehow i dont think its a dead cell but could be wrong not there) one is take them somewhere have them reconditioned or it sounds weird but discharge the battery completely then hold it waist high and drop them a few times and then trickle charge them for a while see if they come back.
Page 1 of 1