Page 1 of 1
Mazda Trucks \  ok mazda geniuses...

ok mazda geniuses...

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 384
replies 4
following 4

jealousonezenvy   +1y
Whats the narrowest rearend to use on my 89 std cab to run a 20x8.5 with 5backspaceing to tuck on 2wd?
I also would like to know how do you body drop the front of a mazda b2200? im gonna channel the cab and tub it and body the bed.
next.. Has anyone widened a mazda? oh and my truck when i stomp on the gas it stalls anyone know what that means? then it picks up and takes off
h2omelon(nick)   +1y

Use a 1983 or 84 Mazda rear end. It is 4 1/2" narrower than your stock rear.
dropitforme   +1y
Edited: 8/24/2010 6:58:12 PM by abomb

Cut these frame ears and drop them the amount of the body drop and weld them up and gusset the bottoms. you will probably need to make a notch in the front cross member for the radiator hose. Stomp on the gas and stalls sounds like a fuel prob. It may be dirty secondarys in the carb maybe even just dirty fuel filter.
post photo
robzilla   +1y
If you wanted to swap in a toyota rear end the older toyota's are narrow the 2wd yota is 5 lug though.  Quoted from Twisted Minis   "Mazda axles are 58.75 to the best of my knowledge. The Toyota axles are different widths year to year, but here is a list I made a while back for the Toyota's."Toyota Axle width:73-78 ~ 53"79-83 ~ 55"84-88 ~ 57"89-95 ~ 58.5"95-04 ~ 60"  
jealousonezenvy   +1y
thanks guys
Page 1 of 1