threads
Page 1 of 2
Dodge Trucks \  bagging a 2000 dodge Dakota with a V8, help.

bagging a 2000 dodge Dakota with a V8, help.

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 1012
replies 10
following 6

FCKNLOW   +1y
looking for info on bagging a 2000 dodge Dakota with a V8.

Tips, tricks, pics.

Thanks in advance.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
what you need to know matt?  anything inperticular?  Its pretty straight forward with the right parts.  You want to get lowers that raise the balljoint up a bit, and put it on a better angle, and you want your uppers to beable to get more travel as well, or you will pull balljoints apart. Out back its just like most dodges.  you can keep the stock rear end if you find a high enough offset wheel, if not, then narrow it up a bit.    the spring pocket up front needs to be widened up a bit.  The last one i did, i opened it up alot, then plated the inside as well, and ran an RE-7
incognito 1   +1y

I just finished baggin my 2001 dakota. I have bagged 2 daks so far.. I have a ton of pics & info if you want.. chack out my profile. I have 2 dakotas one is my bagged daily which I z'd 1 3/4" & the other is my bodied dak. If you are still interested in that narrowed axle I will email info tomorrow. Been sick with kidney stones all weekend. feel free 2 txt or call me 763-516-0557 Ryan
FCKNLOW   +1y

do you use cups up front? kinda like an s10?  Will cups for an s10 work?

incognito 1   +1y

I did use cups up front on both trucks I built my own out of 5 inch tube. cant remmber off hand how tall I made them.. I would assume s-10 cups would work you would just have to cut them down to fit if anything.
FCKNLOW   +1y

ok we can just do that.  can you get me a round about size on height? what did you do about a fuel cell?  I have a boy who can make me one out of SS but not sure how it would work with the sending unit.  I sent you an email back feel free to text me.  and if you have any pics of the front set up could you please email them to me.  thanks! 
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
The cups i used were 2.875" tall, with an RE-7 and custom lowers.  I honestly think the first go at it, i did use a set of s-10 cups i had here at the shop, so they will work, but i had to trim them up a bit. That fuel cell on the dakota is the same setup that is on your ram.  adapt it over to the SS fuel cell, and drop it in place.     Taylor   
98dakota20   +1y

for a fuel cell, gen right off road makes a fuel cell adapter ring for jeeps, that a dakota pump will fit into. you just buy the dapter ring, and lock ring for an 97-04 tj. adapter ring
FCKNLOW   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by 98dakota20for a fuel cell, gen right off road makes a fuel cell adapter ring for jeeps, that a dakota pump will fit into. you just buy the dapter ring, and lock ring for an 97-04 tj. adapter ring---------------------------------------------great info! thanks!
FCKNLOW   +1y

what is a good tire and wheel combo if we are running a 20? meaning what would be a good offset? profile tire? we are already planning on narrowing the rear.