threads
Page 1 of 3
General Discussion \  Roll down back window?

Roll down back window?

General Discussion
views 4399
replies 25
following 10

jeffs_tonka-toy   +1y
Im wondering if anybody thinks this would be possible to do on an extended cab.

Im wanting to try to install a roll down back window like the newer style Tacomas have.

Like this...

thread post photo

I could probably rob the motor and such out of a wrecked taco from the boneyard, and use the stock window.

But im just trying to get some feeback as to if this seems like a good idea or not.

Jeff.
big bear   +1y
i think those are pretty sweet. im really not sure bout what will work where. haha hope you find some answers, i like this mod myself.
big bear   +1y
i dont see why you couldnt do it on an ext cab.
cowboyprotectionunit   +1y
What Type of Truck Are you looking at putting it in?? I think the Explorer Sport Track has the same type of window... Please Keep me Updated Cause I Like the Mod Idea and may want to Consult with you on doing it on my 88 GMC Crew Cab
luv2xclr8   +1y
Subscribed
flattie   +1y
I did one in a99 gmc NBS last year I posted pics of the build on under roll up back window I believe same screen name also flattie
4u2nv   +1y
I've been trying to find a way to do this on my crew cab for over a year now. I hope you are successfull in figuring this out cause I would sure BITE on that. I know its been done many times but I can't seem to find anyone that can do it nor can I find a kit.
flattie   +1y
Here is the link
jeffs_tonka-toy   +1y

I have a 1990 ext cab silverado, its my project/daily right now, but im going to be starting college in the fall so ill have some extra dough to throw at it while its sitting at my parents house.

Yea, iv'e seen those, i think the biggest problem is going to be finding a strong enough motor to lift that big ass piece of glass.
jeffs_tonka-toy   +1y

That link is going to help out alot, thanks, what motor did you use? it said buick station wagon but you didnt say the model.

I may end up trying to use one out of the older style burbans, we used to have one and im almost 80% sure that it had an electric roll down back window.